PDA

View Full Version : Do the Reds add a power hitting LF?

fewfirstchoice
01-24-2009, 05:02 PM
I think with all the shows Bob C is doing and taking a little heat he will allow Walt to go out and add the power hitter the Reds need. Not sure who or what side of the plate it comes from (doesnt really matter) as long as they get one. I feel it will be between Abreu, Nady, and Swisher. I think one of these 3 players will be the run producer the Reds are looking for and need.

roby
01-24-2009, 05:27 PM
I think with all the shows Bob C is doing and taking a little heat he will allow Walt to go out and add the power hitter the Reds need. Not sure who or what side of the plate it comes from (doesnt really matter) as long as they get one. I feel it will be between Abreu, Nady, and Swisher. I think one of these 3 players will be the run producer the Reds are looking for and need.

I hope you're right. If I had my choice, I think I would still pick Magglio Ordonez. But, at this point, I'm not going to be too choosy.

jmac
01-24-2009, 05:59 PM
I hope you're right. If I had my choice, I think I would still pick Magglio Ordonez. But, at this point, I'm not going to be too choosy.

Mags would have been my pick at the start of the off season also but Now, I seriously doubt we add anyone. Hope I am wrong though !

BEETTLEBUG
01-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Which one could be got for less talent Maggs or Dye?

roby
01-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Which one could be got for less talent Maggs or Dye?

Probably the one with the less talent...Dye. I'm not even sure that Magglio is available. He sure would look good in a Reds lineup though.

Z-Fly
01-24-2009, 08:03 PM
Offer Manny 1 year for 22 mil. If the team isn't in the race midseason... trade him.

fewfirstchoice
01-24-2009, 09:05 PM
I think they end up signing Abreu for 1 yr and 7-9 mil. to fill the run producer in LF.

Emin3mShady07
01-24-2009, 09:10 PM
They should sign Joe Crede to an incentive laden deal and move EE to LF and Dickerson to CF.

Caveat Emperor
01-24-2009, 09:14 PM
They should sign Joe Crede to an incentive laden deal and move EE to LF and Dickerson to CF.

FWIW, Joe Crede has a career OBP of .306 -- which makes Willy Taveras look positively Cobb-like by comparison.

There's a reason Crede is looking for work right now.

Emin3mShady07
01-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Joe Crede plays very good defense and slugs a bit more than Taveras and what do the reds have to lose by taking a flyer on him? and he would easily be a 15 run or more upgrade at third for the reds - Taveras is a downgrade from Corey patterson on D. His [crede] wOBA was .330 last year and that is roughly the consesus pick for him to wOBA next year. If EE repeats his offensive performance of this past season (.351 wOBA) crede would be (most likely if healthy) a 3 or 4 run total upgrade over EE. And platooning Dickerson in CF instead of LF would be much more beneficial to the reds IMO.

GoGoWhiteSox
01-24-2009, 10:13 PM
FWIW, Joe Crede has a career OBP of .306 -- which makes Willy Taveras look positively Cobb-like by comparison.

There's a reason Crede is looking for work right now.

In my honest opinion, I think Crede is still out of work because there are a lot of teams that may not want to take a gamble on him because he's had a history of back trouble. I do not know for sure, but I imagine he is probably asking for a lot more than teams feel that he is worth. When he's healthy though, he'll give you decent power numbers, along with great defense at third.

If the Reds can get him for cheap, why not?

fitz1
01-25-2009, 06:56 AM
Forget Andruw Jones or Jermaine Dye, you have Chris Dickerson and he's the man.

ChatterRed
01-25-2009, 04:01 PM

Yeah, I had my hopes set on acquiring Magglio. I think he'd be the most productive, considering the age of most of these available free agents or those available by trade (if Maggs is available). Manny is the best available, I just don't think the Reds are interested.

Chris Sabowned
01-25-2009, 04:56 PM
I would be very surprised if they make another acquisition. From the sounds of things, we're done spending.

Rusty the Red
01-25-2009, 06:02 PM
The only move they would make would be low risk and low money. Jones would be the only true shot and I'm not sure he is a good fit. Don't trade the future for Mags. No way we go after Manny. Abreu is not a real consideration. The Crede idea interests me, but I doubt we are what he's looking for.