PDA

View Full Version : MLB.tv gets cheaper, adds HD and more in '09

robmadden1
02-07-2009, 12:20 AM
While Scott Boras still works on a deal for Manny, baseball fans can take heart, MLB.tv's streaming package has dropped its upfront costs $10 for next season, plus HD streaming and "Live Game DVR Functionality", so you can rewind and fast forward -- but only during the game. Throw in picture-in-picture and live chat features and it looks like the switch from Silverlight to Flash is paying off, at least on paper. We're trying to find an argument against lower price and more features that doesn't have to do with the Yankees and Red Sox trying to buy a title every offseason, but we're coming up blank.

http://blog.streamingmedia.com/the_business_of_online_vi/2009/02/major-league-baseball-announces-09-mlbtv-rates-10-cheaper-than-last-year.html

http://mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/y2009/demo.jsp

BPhillips4
02-08-2009, 02:53 AM
This is good news for me. I've moved out of the range of Reds broadcasts on TV recently, so I'm definitely going to be purchasing the package this year.

Orodle
02-08-2009, 02:00 PM
In my opinion still too much for streaming baseball over a computer. They are on the right track though by creating the MLB Network.....create more ways for fans to see the game and obviously you'll create more of a following for the sport.

Grounds_Crew
02-09-2009, 09:48 AM
I get it for free! :D

JoshFogg
02-09-2009, 12:10 PM
This is very good news. thanks.

stevekun
02-10-2009, 11:56 AM
How do you get it for free?

I am in the Evansville Indiana area...I think this is cardinals territory so I should get it but not sure

Casey
02-15-2009, 08:30 AM
I hope Extra Innings follows suit and drops their price, but I seriously doubt it. I just got an e-mail from DirecTV saying they were raising the prices on all of their plans. :(

JoshFogg
02-15-2009, 11:32 AM
thats outrageous

improbus
02-15-2009, 01:47 PM
MLB TV is currently running the Reds vs. Cards game from '92 when Mark Whitten hit 4 dingers. Ouch. Same goes for the white hats w/ red pinstripes. Yikes...

Grounds_Crew
02-15-2009, 05:20 PM
How do you get it for free?

I am in the Evansville Indiana area...I think this is cardinals territory so I should get it but not sure

I've worked in MLB for 6 years.

jmac
02-15-2009, 06:30 PM
I hope Extra Innings follows suit and drops their price, but I seriously doubt it. I just got an e-mail from DirecTV saying they were raising the prices on all of their plans. :(
Last year I had direct tv and dropped it for Dish cause of a specail installation & and "more rooms" hookup deal.
At that time, they had MLB EI listed as an option and now, I find out they dont offer it or the MLB Network ! :(

Casey
02-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Last year I had direct tv and dropped it for Dish cause of a specail installation & and "more rooms" hookup deal.
At that time, they had MLB EI listed as an option and now, I find out they dont offer it or the MLB Network ! :(

Yeah, I checked into that and saw Dish no longer offers it. I was considering switching until I found that out.