PDA

View Full Version : Tip Jar 2009

GIK
02-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Members,

It's that time of year again, when the snow begins to melt, the temperature starts to increase, and Spring Training sneaks into the picture.

With this begins a new season and our 10th at RedsZone. Wow! As it has been since Day 1, the site is ad/banner/sponsor free. To stay that way, we ask that if you enjoy RedsZone, please consider supporting us by making a donation to offset our annual service costs and associated fees. With our economy in rough shape, we also understand this may be a difficult time for some of you. If you are able to donate, thank you, if you are not, thank you too. What's most important is everyone having the ability to share or read in a fun and friendly environment.

DONATE HERE (http://www.redszone.com/donate.html) (PayPal)

EDIT: Donations now accepted via regular mail. Please Private Message (http://www.redszone.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=3) me for the address.

:thumbup:

schmidty622
02-10-2009, 10:31 PM
I'd donate if I had a game thread.

JBChance
02-10-2009, 11:57 PM
Thanks to those who run Redszone. Its truly a great place.

Now only if we could get BCast to donate more to the payroll.....

redsfandan
02-11-2009, 11:43 AM
I'll probably donate later this week.

How much of a transaction fee is Redszone charged for each transaction?

GIK
02-11-2009, 12:29 PM
redsfandan, it's based on the donation amount (but typically 3-5%).

Jerome
02-11-2009, 12:30 PM
I just joined and will surely support in the future. For an average team, this site has great discussion and passionate, level-headed fans. A lot of the time, with average teams come negative posters out to get everyone. Not here. I read bearcatnews.com posts on the Cincinnati Bearcats. Some of the back and forth banter is so negative it makes me sick. The men's bball team loses one game and the house collapses. I wish that site was like this one. There's such a community feel here.

http://jeromesredscare.blogspot.com

Ghosts of 1990
02-11-2009, 07:05 PM
this is the best reds discussion board on the net, whether it be in the RZ or the Sundeck.

You will NOT find a better place for MLB and Cincinnati Reds discussion.

LouisvilleCARDS
02-13-2009, 12:22 AM

I agree. When the folks here stop getting treated like second class citizens who don't know anything about baseball, lemme know. I don't post a lot, but I think its kinda sad people here are relegated to the smaller board for no reason. Plus, I think I said the "A word" and got an infraction during last year.

I don't have a lot of money, but if you relax the rules and combine the boards and let people you know, have fun here, then I'll donate $10-$20 myself.

Ghosts of 1990
02-13-2009, 12:42 AM
I agree. When the folks here stop getting treated like second class citizens who don't know anything about baseball, lemme know. I don't post a lot, but I think its kinda sad people here are relegated to the smaller board for no reason. Plus, I think I said the "A word" and got an infraction during last year.

I don't have a lot of money, but if you relax the rules and combine the boards and let people you know, have fun here, then I'll donate $10-$20 myself.

I'd say the same types of things, but what I've found is that it will get you nowhere and not only that; it will get you into trouble. They'll hold the grudge forever.

They're never going to change, ever; for any reason. And as far as the infraction I couldn't believe one of the thing I received an infraction for. But there is no changing any ruling. They've adopted the "if you don't like it get out" policy and I'm fine with the sundeck. The fans here are just as knowledgable as any I've met on any forum on the net. I go into the elite RZ to read the good discussion there as well.

At first I'd mention the segregation when I was a newbie here and then I realized that they just weren't going budge.

I have no problem telling people that its a great site for the reasons I've mentioned but I will choose not to donate for reasons I've mentioned as well (and one important one being that I am extremely poor right now for things out of my control).

Boss-Hog
02-13-2009, 07:13 AM
If you have no interest in donating money to help the site's expenses, that's fine, but this is not the proper place to debate site policies.

LouisvilleCARDS, I reviewed your infractions and your claim is 100% false. If you have any questions or concerns, private message me, but what you said above is simply untrue.

redsfandan
02-13-2009, 08:10 AM
EDIT: Donations now accepted via regular mail. Please Private Message (http://www.redszone.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=3) me for the address.

:thumbup:

Thanks for the snail mail option. :thumbup:

Ghosts of 1990
02-13-2009, 11:21 AM
If you have no interest in donating money to help the site's expenses, that's fine, but this is not the proper place to debate site policies.

LouisvilleCARDS, I reviewed your infractions and your claim is 100% false. If you have any questions or concerns, private message me, but what you said above is simply untrue.

Agreed, not the place to voice concerns that we feel would make the site better.

But be honest; for saying anything at all aren't we unlikely to ever be allowed in the ORG forum?

LouisvilleCARDS
02-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Actually my bad, it was for "veiled" something or other. Either an initial for a word or a * thing. Etiher way, kinda lame, but I won't bring it up again. I just don't know why if you treat this board like second class folks, why they should contribute?

Jay, like you, I enjoy talking about the Reds with the Sun Deck people, they're just as knowledgable as any other fans. Maybe more so, since I don't see the same topics beaten to death. It's actually a little more positive here than the other board, and I'm a little more positive on the Reds than some of the sentiment around here. It's become almost opposite of what the people who split the boards intended, which is pretty ironic.

Boss-Hog
02-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Agreed, not the place to voice concerns that we feel would make the site better.

But be honest; for saying anything at all aren't we unlikely to ever be allowed in the ORG forum?
The numerous people who have gained access to the ORG forum prove that if you're capable of making intelligent posts in a non-confrontational manner, you will be noticed. There were numerous people originally in the Sun Deck, critical of the site changes who eventually gained access to that forum. If you have no desire of wanting to post there, that's fine, too.

Why should you be asked to contribute? Simple - because whether or not you feel second class in this forum (and once again, this thread is not to debate that), you voluntarily post here and the site, like any other, costs money to operate.

Ghosts of 1990
02-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Well as I said its the best Reds forum(s) I've ever seen on the net and my reason for not donating has only to do w/ the fact i was just laid off and I'm counting pennies to eat right now. Otherwise I'd be happy to throw a bone.

Boss-Hog
02-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Well as I said its the best Reds forum(s) I've ever seen on the net and my reason for not donating has only to do w/ the fact i was just laid off and I'm counting pennies to eat right now. Otherwise I'd be happy to throw a bone.
Fair enough

ChatterRed
02-14-2009, 07:54 PM

Me too.

While I like this site, I don't agree with how they do some things which clearly discriminates against other posters unfairly.

will5979
02-15-2009, 09:35 AM
Me too.

While I like this site, I don't agree with how they do some things which clearly discriminates against other posters unfairly.

Agree 100%.

Caveat Emperor
02-18-2009, 12:16 AM
Me too.

Once again (for the third time), this thread is NOT for discussing site policy.

PM a mod or admin if you have any questions.

ChatterRed
02-19-2009, 02:41 PM
Once again (for the third time), this thread is NOT for discussing site policy.

PM a mod or admin if you have any questions.

Funny stuff.

reds1869
02-19-2009, 06:18 PM
I only have to read the comments at Cincinnati.com to remember why I love it here so much. This is such a great place and we are lucky to have it, even if we don't all agree on the way things are run all of the time.