PDA

View Full Version : All my posts got deleted.- something should be done

JoshFogg
02-15-2009, 12:45 PM
a few weeks ago, all of new users posts were deleted (i was around 100 total). I joined here Dec 8th, with the understanding it would take 2 months and 50+ posts to be able to begin posting full time in the Sun deck, and eventually the ORG. I picked Dec 8th, so I would be able to post full time by Spring training. NOw, that all of our post counts were deleted, I am at like 30 posts total, am still handicapped and I think it is unfair. This site is already extremely restrictive, and it is getting a bit tiresome. I find myself doing random, half a-ssed posts in order to get my count up.

But, i am certain, that once i hit 50 + posts, some other wrench will be thrown in the system and I will have some other obstacle to overcome before i am able to....hold your breath...make an original post of my own.

Boss-Hog
02-15-2009, 12:47 PM
That's not at all what happened. The board crashed and we had to restore our latest backup from approximately nine days prior. If that's not what you're referring to, I have no idea what you're talking about because no one has deleted any of your posts.

If you find it tiresome here, there's a simple solution - stop visiting.

JoshFogg
02-15-2009, 12:55 PM
IM glad to see you take such an arrogant stance with the people (reasonable reds fans) that make this site possible.

Listen, I like this site, it is great. But, it was frustrating to have your entire post count diminished to nothing when you were trying to build up a reputation and post history to be able to gain further site access by spring training. I mean, I am a reds fan, after all.

I am not going kiss up to anyone just because. I dont think I said anything that absurd. poor wording on my end, my posts were not deleted, the system was re-set and all previous post counts were taken to 0(of new users)

Am I not allowed to express an opinion? :confused:

Boss-Hog
02-15-2009, 01:17 PM
the system was re-set and all previous post counts were taken to 0(of new users)

That's simply not true. If you have any legitimate complaints, send me a private message.

paintmered
02-15-2009, 03:11 PM
a few weeks ago, all of new users posts were deleted (i was around 100 total). I joined here Dec 8th, with the understanding it would take 2 months and 50+ posts to be able to begin posting full time in the Sun deck, and eventually the ORG. I picked Dec 8th, so I would be able to post full time by Spring training. NOw, that all of our post counts were deleted, I am at like 30 posts total, am still handicapped and I think it is unfair. This site is already extremely restrictive, and it is getting a bit tiresome. I find myself doing random, half a-ssed posts in order to get my count up.

But, i am certain, that once i hit 50 + posts, some other wrench will be thrown in the system and I will have some other obstacle to overcome before i am able to....hold your breath...make an original post of my own.

Just a word of warning about making "random, half a-ssed posts" to pad your post count...

When the ORG looks to vote on a member, your entire posting history is reviewed. If you want to make it to the ORG, bring your game every time you post otherwise you'll have very little chance. Those in the Sun Deck that distinguish themselves by consistently making constructive posts get voted in very easily.

Dozens of ORG posters constantly scout the Sun Deck. Have some patience, post constructively, and you won't have a problem. Making the public accusation that there's some kind of conspiracy theory to keep you down won't get you anywhere.