PDA

View Full Version : Reds fan from Poland

Human Blender
02-16-2009, 03:00 PM
Hello everyone,

Greetings from across the pond, namely from Poland :).

Looking forward to many great discussions here and here's to Reds splendid 2009 season!

camisadelgolf
02-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Czesc! Welcome to the site. Don't be shy about any questions. I don't recall ever seen someone post from Poland before. What brought you to become a Reds fan?

Human Blender
02-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Thanks a lot for the welcome :). It's difficult to point my finger on one thing that has made me a Reds fan - I think I have been growing into this for quite some time now.

Although I visited the US a number of times, I have never been to Cincy yet - hopefully this year it will change :).

camisadelgolf
02-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Thanks a lot for the welcome :). It's difficult to point my finger on one thing that has made me a Reds fan - I think I have been growing into this for quite some time now.

Although I visited the US a number of times, I have never been to Cincy yet - hopefully this year it will change :).
Let us know if you ever make it out to Cincy. We have plenty of recommendations to offer.

redsmetz
02-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Welcome! Keep your eyes open for any possible ballplayers over there. We've signed a few guys from the Czech Republic, a couple from Italy and one German, I think. Of course, the Reds should be the preferred team for any fan from behind the former Iron Curtain!

And, of course, one of the greatest Reds of all time was of Polish descent: Ted Kluszewski!

oneupper
02-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Hello everyone,

Greetings from across the pond, namely from Poland :).

Looking forward to many great discussions here and here's to Reds splendid 2009 season!

My mother was born in Danzig (Gdansk)...any chance you are there?

Rojo
02-26-2009, 07:58 PM
My mother was born in Danzig

How was that possible?

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-11/1227628/danzig002.jpg