PDA

View Full Version : World baseball classic

flash
02-26-2009, 09:01 AM
I am really not against the world baseball classic,but I believe MLB has just messed it up.

The tournament definitely should not take place now, nor in the USA or perhaps not in the northern hemisphere.

I realize that there are only two southern hemisphere teams playing, Australia and South Africa. it would not hurt to have the games played during December or January there. This would also help baseball addict get their fix. Baseaball could alo hold the games in Brazil, Argentina or Chille and promote the sport in those countries.

I could perhaps go for the games being played in the tropics, but definitely not this time of year.

BSUFB
02-26-2009, 09:09 AM
I agree that the WBC should be held after the season. I hate the fact that teams could lose players (injury) for a period of time because they played in this.

Jerome
02-26-2009, 10:57 AM
I don't like before the season, and I don't like after the season. Peter Gammons doesn't have an answer for this after a million years of observing the game. His best answer: middle of the season--which might be the worst scenario. With that said, I think the WBC is off the hook, which means that I like it. Would much rather watch IT than Spring Training.

Just hope the Dominicans don't ride Cueto and Volquez too hard.

http://jeromesredscare.blogspot.com