PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Baseball forum

redsfandan
03-02-2009, 05:26 AM
Recently a member posted this in the SunDeck:

Since there isn't a Fantasy Baseball forum anymore is it okay to post here or is there a another site someone can recommend? Thanks!!

Now they have been a member for a couple years and I've only really been posting about 6 months so I don't know if that forum used to be more noticeable or not. But, since the Fantasy Island fantasy sports forum is tucked away as a sub forum I've been curious for awhile if it could be moved or made more "noticeable".

By the way, I meant the title of this thread to be 'Fantasy Sports forum'. My mistake.

Boss-Hog
03-02-2009, 07:10 AM
Recently a member posted this in the SunDeck:

Now they have been a member for a couple years and I've only really been posting about 6 months so I don't know if that forum used to be more noticeable or not. But, since the Fantasy Island fantasy sports forum is tucked away as a sub forum I've been curious for awhile if it could be moved or made more "noticeable".

By the way, I meant the title of this thread to be 'Fantasy Sports forum'. My mistake.
It used to be a forum, but due to the infrequent number of posts (relative to all other forums), we decided to make it a sub-forum within Non-Baseball Chatter.

redsfandan
03-16-2009, 11:03 AM
It used to be a forum, but due to the infrequent number of posts (relative to all other forums), we decided to make it a sub-forum within Non-Baseball Chatter.

Except for the forum RedsZone Pictures.

RedsZone Pictures has had no posts since october and all of 28 posts in only 4 threads in the last year.

March '08: 0
April: 3
May: 1
June: 0
July 1
Aug: 9
Sept: 0
oct: 14 (all in one thread)
nov '08-March '09: 0

By comparison there have been 130 separate Fantasy Island THREADS (baseball and football) started in the last year with posts in every month. (I'd break the posts down by month but I can't count that high. :dunno:)

Since Fantasy Island sees alot more posts (relatively speaking ;) ) could the status of those two be switched so that Fantasy Island is a regular forum and RedsZone Pictures is a sub-forum of Non-Sports Chatter?

Boss-Hog
03-16-2009, 11:47 AM
I agree with you that RedsZone Pictures does not need to be a forum (though it doesn't fit as well as a sub-forum of any existing forums, IMO), so I moved it under Introductions and Site Feedback, but I'm not sure what the big deal is having Fantasy Island as a sub-forum. We had it as its own forum before and it had relatively little activity compared to all forms except RedsZone Pictures (which is not really an open forum). If it's a forum you find yourself frequently visiting it, I suggest adding it to your bookmarks/favorites, but it doesn't make sense for us to move it back there when it was just made a sub-forum because of a lack of posting activity.