PDA

View Full Version : The bullpen thread

UPRedsFan
03-05-2009, 07:00 PM
It's wayyy early to start this. But here goes...

If Homer forces Dusty to put him in the rotation, that pushes Owings to the pen as long relief. Suppose Masset pitches well. What do you do?

Cordero
Burton
Weathers
Rhodes
Lincoln
Masset
Owings

Will Bray stay in Florida again to get fully healthy?

jmac
03-05-2009, 09:06 PM
I know it is only ST but it seems FC is getting hit hard about every time out. Hope he picks up when he does it for real.

davereds24
03-05-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm very worried about Cordero. His whip was high last year and if I recall he got roughed up several times the second half of the year.

I don't see Masset and Owings both in the pen since they are both righties.

JBChance
03-06-2009, 12:40 AM
I'm very worried about Cordero. His whip was high last year and if I recall he got roughed up several times the second half of the year.

They are blaming that on his ankle:

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090305&content_id=3924496&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

Apparently, he's still rehabbing the repaired ankle and is not worried about it, yet.

The fact that they put out this article, IMO, shows that they are concerned.

Root Down
03-06-2009, 11:32 AM

I definitely see what you are saying here, there were a couple of outings there that he got rocked. It is possible that he is the kind of person that thrives on pressure, which I'm sure he had. However, the pressure of a team that is not likely to make it to the playoffs is very different from the pressure a closer would be under on a team in the race. Either that or he really is injured. I hope to see better things from him this year!

BSUFB
03-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Cordero is the one pitcher that I am not worried about. He has shown in the past couple years that he can handle the pressure.

Chris Sabowned
03-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Maybe Owings and Bailey will do so well, that the Reds will feel comfortable putting both of them in the rotation. Thus giving us the ability to trade Arroyo for a quality SS. Maybe to Cleveland for Jhonny Paralta as Cleveland doesn't really have a solid fifth starter.