PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Radio XM 173 (WLW) No Longer Available

goreds2
03-06-2009, 06:23 PM
It happened around 4:30pm today. I used to love recording the Reds post and pregame shows and listening with no static.

Time to get out my high signal AM home radio now plus online.

Info of change at www.700wlw.com

redsfan1966
03-07-2009, 08:04 AM
goreds2----ARRRRGH!!!! You have just ruined my weekend. I use XM at my office to listen to WLW---especially for "The Stooooooge Report". I can pick up WLW; but like you, have to fight static and less-than-stellar reception.

All kidding aside, thanks for the info....I would have turned on XM173 and been confused...

Root Down
03-08-2009, 01:43 PM
This is disappointing because I am about to get XM and was hoping to take advantage of this. 700WLW is intermittent at best in northern Ohio.

DTCromer
03-08-2009, 02:04 PM
When I was living in Tampa, I could hear Reds games on clear nights down there on 700.

Root Down
03-08-2009, 02:08 PM
When I was living in Tampa, I could hear Reds games on clear nights down there on 700.

They have to cut the signal at some point during the day (can't remember if it's day or night) but they definitely don't have the foot print they used to. I can pick it up at most times but its rough.

goreds2
03-08-2009, 07:23 PM
I did email this person at clear channel asking why this happened. It does not hurt to notify them of your displeasure. Let's have Sanda have a few emails when she arrives on Monday morning. :)

Radio
Sanda Coyle
Phone: 1-210-822-2828
Email: sandacoyle@clearchannel.com

http://www.clearchannel.com/Corporate/PressRelease.aspx?PressReleaseID=1169&p=hidden

Moosie52
03-09-2009, 07:33 AM
GoReds2, what is a high signal AM radio? I've always wondered if something like that exists. I live in Indy, and sometimes WLW has terrible receeption here. Who makes the radio and what's it called? Thanks.

goreds2
03-09-2009, 08:22 AM
GoReds2, what is a high signal AM radio? I've always wondered if something like that exists. I live in Indy, and sometimes WLW has terrible receeption here. Who makes the radio and what's it called? Thanks.

Here is the one I have. (Read the reviews on the link)

http://www.amazon.com/RCA-7-2887-Superadio-Portable-Radio/dp/B00000J061

Radio Shack may have this. If you have one nearby, you can take a look.

redsfan1966
03-09-2009, 04:23 PM
goreds2---did Sanda give you a reason why WLW was deleted from the XM lineup? I notice that WLW news is still on XM165

goreds2
03-09-2009, 08:03 PM
goreds2---did Sanda give you a reason why WLW was deleted from the XM lineup? I notice that WLW news is still on XM165

I forgot to check my HOME email today. I am at work at the moment.

You and anyone else who has an issue should also email Sanda.

Radio
Sanda Coyle
Phone: 1-210-822-2828
Email: sandacoyle@clearchannel.com

I sent an email to Tracy Jones and Eddie Fingers from WLW but did not get a response. I was hoping they would talk about it on their show which I did not get to listen to today because it is not on XM. :thumbdown

Another email address to send to should be

programming@xmradio.com

BluegrassRedleg
03-10-2009, 02:21 AM
:(

goreds2
03-10-2009, 05:37 AM
Clear channel has brought back two XM shows in the past after cancelling them.

Monsters in the Morning and Phillips Phile.

I would suggest to contact Clear Channel if you have not. (email in above threads)

redsfan1966
03-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Apparently the loss of WLW on XM is not necessarily XM's fault----Clear Channel buys space off of XM and is looking to replace WLW on XM with a music station according to some of the "rumors" I have read....so while I still am not all that happy with the state of XM currently, my anger has been misplaced...

PS....I just sent an e-mail to Sanda

goreds2
03-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Apparently the loss of WLW on XM is not necessarily XM's fault----Clear Channel buys space off of XM and is looking to replace WLW on XM with a music station according to some of the "rumors" I have read....so while I still am not all that happy with the state of XM currently, my anger has been misplaced...

PS....I just sent an e-mail to Sanda

I still have not heard from Sanda. Hopefully, she is just doing some research before responding.

Moosie52
03-11-2009, 07:08 AM
I emailed XM Radio and told them I am not happy WLW was dropped. I got a reply back that my opinion had been sent to the programming department. But it makes sense that Clear Channel just decided to stop paying to put WLW on XM. They are making cuts everywhere. Emmis Communications is in the same boat. They've laid off a lot of people.