PDA

View Full Version : Peanut Gallery Link

paintmered
03-08-2009, 01:51 PM
It disappeared from the forum links. Can it be replaced?

Boss-Hog
03-08-2009, 03:00 PM
I removed it because it looks like it's no longer accepting new members and figured most people who do post there have it bookmarked.

paintmered
03-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Fair enough. Thanks, Boss.

GoReds33
03-09-2009, 10:35 AM
I have always found that the only times I want the link are when the site is down. Is there any way that a link to it could be available on the page telling us the site is down?

Boss-Hog
03-09-2009, 10:57 AM
I have always found that the only times I want the link are when the site is down. Is there any way that a link to it could be available on the page telling us the site is down?
I can provide a link when the board is "expectedly" down (i.e. when upgrading to the latest version of vBulletin or some other type of scheduled maintenance) but I can't do anything about the page you see (or more likely, don't see) when the site is unexpectedly down.

ochre
03-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Should still be accepting new members. I haven't done anything to block anything. There was a problem with my host moving servers on me a week or two ago, though.

Boss-Hog
03-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Should still be accepting new members. I haven't done anything to block anything. There was a problem with my host moving servers on me a week or two ago, though.
That might explain why I was receiving a message something along the lines of 'This site is prohibiting new registrations'. I'm no longer seeing that, so I've reinstated the link here.

ochre
03-09-2009, 03:14 PM
When they moved servers, they dropped a part of the absolute path to where things, such as theme files, were stored. The board kept working, but there were a bunch of little weird things that took a while for me to track down.

DTCromer
03-10-2009, 09:32 AM
I was wondering where the link went.

I think I'll be making my way over there shortly. :)