PDA

View Full Version : Another chance to get Opening Day Tickets

Grounds_Crew
03-18-2009, 03:37 PM
Reds news
CINCINNATI (March 18, 2009)The Cincinnati Reds and Fountain Square have announced that
2,000 tickets for the April 6 Opening Day game will go on sale Saturday, March 21 at 9 a.m.
The Opening Day tickets include 1,000 "Standing Room Only" and 1,000 "View Level"tickets to theseason opener vs. the New York Mets.
Ticket prices are $22 for Standing Room Only and $29 for View Level.
There is a limit of six tickets per person. Cash and major credit cards will be accepted.
Fans interested in forming a line for the tickets can start at 9 a.m. on Thursday. Fountain SquareManagement Group will provide overnight security.
These tickets are only available on Fountain Square, not at the ballpark ticket windows.
Reds mascots will make appearances on Fountain Square along with Reds partners and sponsors.
The Fountain Square video board will show two Reds spring training games live on FOX Sports Ohio
from Sarasota:
Thursday, March 19 Reds vs. Red Sox at 7 p.m.
Friday, March 20 Reds vs. Astros at 1 p.m.
From Thursday through Saturday morning, Reds-themed entertainment will be shown on FountainSquare's video board in addition to selected NCAA basketball games.
This is the second year in a row that the Reds have offered Opening Day tickets to fans on Fountain
Square. Last year's tickets sold out in about one hour.

Good luck...

Newman4
03-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Anyone else sense a lack of demand for OD this year? They have had a lot of "deals" out there to try to move tickets.

mroby85
03-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Ticket prices still seem to be up for opening day on ebay.

Grounds_Crew
03-19-2009, 03:37 PM
They did the same thing last year.

BearcatShane
03-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Everyone wants to go to Opening Day. My brother would love to. But he lost his job. Gotta feeling he's not the only one. I got 2 tickets to OD and 2 tickets to the Civil Rights game vs the White Sox for 145.00

reds1869
03-20-2009, 07:07 PM
I went a few years ago and loved it. I think one of the problems might be a lot fewer people feel they can ask off work in the current climate..I myself have two personal days available but would feel uncomfortable using one for OD. Add the people who have lost their jobs in and you are bound to have soft demand. Just my .02 on the situation.