PDA

View Full Version : Bizzarro World Reds

TheNext44
03-28-2009, 02:55 PM
This spring training, at times it seemed like I was listening to a Bizzarro World version of the Reds. Night is day, black is white, Jimmy Fallon is funny... you know, the world is acting like the exact opposite of what how you think it should.

Here is how I see the Bizzarro World Reds taking shape this year, based on what I have heard in Spring Training:

Willy Taveras leads the team in walks and OBP, but is the worst base runner on the team.

Brandon Phillips is a great cleanup hitter, patient at the plate, more concerned about his OBP than his home run total, but is the Reds worst fielder.

Danny Herrera becomes the team's closer, and is perfect in save situations, challenging Gagne's record.

EE becomes a solid fielding 3B, but has his worst offensive season.

Homer Bailey becomes a great swingman, and the darling of the media, especially Hal McCoy.

I know when the bell rings, most players will revert to what is expected of them, but this spring sure has been different than I expected.

gedred69
03-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Stuff weird enough to have the title "Bizzarro". Here's hoping you're half right and half wrong.