PDA

View Full Version : Joaquin Arias

gobucks106
04-01-2009, 09:39 AM
Also, having unloaded Jeff Keppinger, the Reds are looking for utility infield help. One person of interest is Rangers shortstop Joaquin Arias. Arias, who came to Texas in the Alex Rodriguez trade, has strong defensive tools and may yet establish himself as a regular according to Baseball America.

BEETTLEBUG
04-01-2009, 10:28 AM
I saw that they were looking at Andrew Jones also while they are out there looking at shortstop.

redhawk61
04-01-2009, 10:55 AM
DO IT!, it would give us a real potential true SS of the future, allowing Valaika to move to 2b, and an offseason trade of Phillips.:thumbup:

redhawk61
04-01-2009, 10:55 AM
DO IT!, it would give us a real potential true SS of the future, allowing Valaika to move to 2b, and an offseason trade of Phillips.:thumbup: (not saying I hate phillips by the way)

schmidty622
04-01-2009, 11:17 AM
DO IT!, it would give us a real potential true SS of the future, allowing Valaika to move to 2b, and an offseason trade of Phillips. (not saying I hate phillips by the way)

Eric_the_Red
04-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Is there an echo in this thread?

mroby85
04-01-2009, 02:13 PM
DO IT!, it would give us a real potential true SS of the future, allowing Valaika to move to 2b, and an offseason trade of Phillips.:thumbup: (not saying I hate phillips by the way)

Yeah, lets trade probably the best all around baseball player on the team!! For a guy who was traded to Texas for A-rod and still hasn't developed, along with a guy in the Reds minor league system who hasn't proven he can do it at the big league level yet. Then we'll be in business!! :rolleyes:

UC_Ken
04-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Yeah, lets trade probably the best all around baseball player on the team!!

If our best all around player on the team sports a career .310 OBP we'll be lucky to get to 40 wins. I don't car how good his glove is (and it is amazing) his offense leaves him SIGNIFICANTLY behind Votto, probably SIGNIFICANTLY behind Bruce if he's anywhere close to what we think he should do. I'd also take EE 1000X before I take BP despite the distinct advantage that BP has in the field.

Farnsie
04-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Seems like a better option than Andino who was considered... Anyone noticed that Andino was caught stealing and had two errors tonight

mroby85
04-02-2009, 06:47 PM
If our best all around player on the team sports a career .310 OBP we'll be lucky to get to 40 wins. I don't car how good his glove is (and it is amazing) his offense leaves him SIGNIFICANTLY behind Votto, probably SIGNIFICANTLY behind Bruce if he's anywhere close to what we think he should do. I'd also take EE 1000X before I take BP despite the distinct advantage that BP has in the field.

Okay, you should probably look at his history with the Reds! and EE... seriously?

UC_Ken
04-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Okay, you should probably look at his history with the Reds! and EE... seriously?

BP had a .312 OBP last year, maybe you should look at his numbers with the Reds. He did have a career year in '07 but that year looks like the exception and not the norm, his slugging that year is 43 points higher than any other year he's had. Even in that year he barely out OPS'd EE. Last year EE out OPS'd BP by over 50 points and he's younger, who would you expect to improve more? If EE can't make it at 3B then we can move him to left but no matter where you put him his bat is so much better than BP that I would take EE every day of the week and twice on Sundays.