PDA

View Full Version : How to get into today's (Sunday,April 5, 2009)exclusive Reds batting practice at GABP

robmadden1
04-05-2009, 01:51 AM
I am a season ticket holder so I got this in a email. Just print this out to get access. They won't know if your a true season ticket holder or not they dont check ID at least they didn't last yr.

http://view.ed4.net/v/4HIGYW/QF8CR5/M9P5084/9XZOYN/MAILACTION=1&FORMAT=H?partnerId=ed-2260247-75188044&source=ed-2260247-75188044

You need to follow the rules here so you know what entrance to get in at.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ticketing/sth_bp_event.jsp?partnerId=ed-2260247-75188044&source=ed-2260247-75188044

Ghosts of 1990
04-05-2009, 02:15 AM
what time is it at? lucky dogs. I wanna see pics!

robmadden1
04-05-2009, 02:57 AM
12:30pm-2:30pm only 2 hrs.

If you live in Cincinnati Northern Kentucky area just print out the first page and you can get in by showing it at the gate.

RSNtransplant
04-05-2009, 09:19 AM
IMO you should not post this here. You are cheating Season Ticket holders who support the team by paying a lot of $$$$, of a benefit they receive for supporting the team.

Brandon4MVP
04-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Yeah as a season ticket holder myself I want the mods to take this down. I dont want other people coming today. This is a benefit for supporting the team

GIDP
04-05-2009, 10:26 AM
I didnt know only season ticket holders support the team

schmidty622
04-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Im no season ticket holder and I'm def taking advantage. Thanks alot man.

Brandon4MVP
04-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Just got a call from a friend that they check your id with the name on the email... Then whoever you bring with you is allowed in. make sure you bring drivers license

schmidty622
04-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Just got a call from a friend that they check your id with the name on the email... Then whoever you bring with you is allowed in. make sure you bring drivers license

The printout doesn't have a name on it. How would they check?

And the instructions say nothing about having your ID. Usually they make that pretty clear.

Fon Duc Tow
04-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Yeah as a season ticket holder myself I want the mods to take this down. I dont want other people coming today. This is a benefit for supporting the team

IMO you should not post this here. You are cheating Season Ticket holders who support the team by paying a lot of $$$$, of a benefit they receive for supporting the team.

Last night on TV they showed that South Park episode where aliens kidnapped John Edwards and took him to the "Biggest ****** in the Universe" awards ceremony.

Funny episode. That's all I'm going to say and have a great Sunday everyone who chose to go down to cheer our Reds on.

reds1869
04-05-2009, 02:08 PM
I received the same email and it clearly says you may bring your friends and family. This is nothing more than a money maker for the Reds and they will have no problem with anyone who wants to buy parking and concessions coming down to GABP.

schmidty622
04-05-2009, 03:35 PM
They didn't even check to see if you had those invitations. Literally anyone could have walked in without a problem. Shoot, even some Mets fans showed up.

Hopefully those season ticket holders didn't catch a disease from having to slum it up with us lesser fans.

GIDP
04-05-2009, 03:39 PM

haha @ this guy making stuff up just to get people not to show up.

redsfan1966
04-05-2009, 03:42 PM
wow....those who are season ticket holders on this thread, you should be ashamed. To dissuade fans from showing their team support is really a sad move. I would have loved to been at the BP; but was in Dayton yesterday and will be at the opener tommorrow and really had to catch up at home and work. I hope those I run into tommorrow will be a little more cordial to their fellow fans...

mroby85
04-05-2009, 04:06 PM
wow....those who are season ticket holders on this thread, you should be ashamed. To dissuade fans from showing their team support is really a sad move. I would have loved to been at the BP; but was in Dayton yesterday and will be at the opener tommorrow and really had to catch up at home and work. I hope those I run into tommorrow will be a little more cordial to their fellow fans...

I agree, I have season tickets, and I think it's kind of ridiculous that they don't want people to show up at the stadium.

RSNtransplant
04-05-2009, 04:59 PM

The reason the Reds do it is to encourage Season Ticket Holders to remain Season Ticket Holders and others to become Season Ticket Holders. IMO the person who posted the info should be ashamed, since they are in essence hurting the Ticket Offices efforts to encourage Season Ticket holders. No one is trying to dissuade fans from going down to see the team. And it does say invite your family and friends as someone pointed out, I just don't think a public message board is family and friends. Are you ashamed for not sharing your OD tickets with me(or you getting OD tickets for everyone), because you are telling ST holders they should be ashamed for not wanting to share something they pay for. If it said "for general public" and it was posted it be a different matter.

mroby85
04-05-2009, 05:01 PM
The reason the Reds do it is to encourage Season Ticket Holders to remain Season Ticket Holders and others to become Season Ticket Holders. IMO the person who posted the info should be ashamed, since they are in essence hurting the Ticket Offices efforts to encourage Season Ticket holders. No one is trying to dissuade fans from going down to see the team. And it does say invite your family and friends as someone pointed out, I just don't think a public message board is family and friends. Are you ashamed for not sharing your OD tickets with me(or you getting OD tickets for everyone), because you are telling ST holders they should be ashamed for not wanting to share something they pay for. If it said "for general public" and it was posted it be a different matter.

Are you one of the students that was always tattling in school? :D lol jk

RSNtransplant
04-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Are you one of the students that was always tattling in school? :D lol jk

Where do you guys come up with this stuff? I directly posted on the thread that the person who posted IMO shouldn't. How is that tattling?

redsfan1966
04-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Ok, I guess that maybe Rob went a little far in posting it on a general message board....but lighten up people---its not that someone busted into your private country club or exclusive restaurant and ruined your experience. People came in to just watch some BP and maybe look at the new scoreboard. Baseball fans, like you who want to support their favorite team. I welcome any chance to get more people to support the Reds. As far as your comparison to opening day---I cant afford to pay for everyone to enter the gates tommorrow, RSN. The non-season ticket holders who may have attended today's BP cost you nothing but possibly a little inconvenience.

Hope you enjoy the game tommorrow.

Fon Duc Tow
04-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Ok, I guess that maybe Rob went a little far in posting it on a general message board....

nah... It was nice of him to do so and I almost went because of it.