PDA

View Full Version : Review Of The $5 Draft Beer, $1 menu and $5 Kids Meal At GABP

goreds2
04-06-2009, 04:39 PM
I am just curious what kind of beer is the $5 draft plus how many ounces. :beerme:

What items are on the $1 menu? (Are they good?)

What consists of the $5 kids meal?

Thanks,

goreds2
04-07-2009, 04:48 AM
Reds.com had this information: It does not state what brand of beer though.

Value Menu Concessions
$1 Menu Items (sold at two concessions stands, one in the Fan Zone and one on the first base side View Level)

$1 hot dog
$1 12 oz. Coca-Cola sodas
$1 bag of peanuts
$1 ice cream cup
$1 Redlegs French Chew taffy

Additional Value Menu items also include:

$5 14 oz. draft beer (sold at all beer stands except in club and suite levels)
$7 adult value meal (regular hot dog, 16 oz. Coca-Cola soda and small chips or snack)
$5 kids value meal (kids hot dog, small Coca-Cola soda, snack and baseball card)

The $7 adult value meals are available at 18 locations and the $5 kids meal will be available at 10 locations.

bgwilly31
04-07-2009, 01:18 PM
I applaud them for becoming more reasonable.

nineworldseries
04-07-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm wondering how big the $1 peanuts are. Are we talking airplane-sized here?

I'm concerned about how big the lines will be at these two concession stands as well. Good thing I get to every game right when the gates open! :)

goreds2
04-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Did anyone ever find out what the brand of beer the $5.00 purchase is?

Brandon4MVP
04-12-2009, 05:44 PM
The dollar line is usually anywhere from a 25 minute to an 45 minute wait... Hot dogs are normal size popcorn is a good amount for one person not sure about anything else.

nineworldseries
04-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Trip report from the game this afternoon:

Hot Dogs are smaller in diameter than the usual ones. Yes, I'm positive. They are billed as "Kids Dogs" and are the same length as the $4.25 ones, but thinner. They come steamed in bags, not grilled.

The popcorn bags are smaller... I can't think of a good way to describe their size. Definitely less than normal sized, probably enough for one person as Brandon4MVP said.

I didn't get any peanuts for some reason, so I can't report on those.

The $5 beers seem to be available everywhere, they are just a smaller size. So, that means they're available for every domestic beer sold at GABP (Bud, Bud Light, Michelob Light, etc.) When I got a beer I inquired about the smaller $5 size, and when I saw the cup, opted for the larger $7.25 edition. The regular beers are 16 ounces, I believe; If that's true, the smaller ones would be like 10 (wild guess). I would have a very hard time believing they're 14 oz.

As far as the lines go, we got there at 11:10 for the game (found out gates now open 1.5 hours before game time, not 2). When we first got in, we walked right up to the two $1 concession stands (One in the Fan Zone and the other around section 533). Closer to game time, big (maybe 30 min.) lines. Around the 6th or 7th inning the lines were way down and almost nonexistant. Although there were only 13K people there today, the lines were not as bad as I anticipated.

kentjett
04-12-2009, 08:06 PM
The $5 beers are a joke. They are the same cups that yager bombs come in.

robmadden1
04-12-2009, 09:05 PM
I would rather pay the $30 bucks to sit in the FSN Champion Club (used to be 4192 Club) with all inclusive (all you can eat) food items then wait in the $1 line for 30 to 45 minutes.

The FSN Club Food:

nachos, hot dogs, popcorn, peanuts, pizza, Coke products, beer is not free lol

Thats all I can remember that they have to eat up there.

FeartheEars
04-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Peanuts are still in the shell so no airline bag and good enough for one person.

Went to the game Saturday and took advantage of the $5 seats. We took five people to the game with plenty of food for everyone for the price it takes my sister and brother in law for just tickets in St. Louis.

Reds are doing an awesome job keeping things affordable!

Eric_the_Red
04-13-2009, 06:41 AM
I would rather pay the $30 bucks to sit in the FSN Champion Club (used to be 4192 Club) with all inclusive (all you can eat) food items then wait in the $1 line for 30 to 45 minutes.

The FSN Club Food:

On the Reds site is shows $100 as the cost to the Champions Club box seats. Unless there are two Champions Clubs?

schmidty622
04-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Buying the 5 dollar tickets and sneaking down to the Infield Box is the way to go. Last time I went we were in the nice seats by the first pitch. The ushers are pretty easy to avoid.

Redskinalum02
04-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Hit up the dollar concession area Thursday...

Soft Drinks - 12oz. Good deal relative to other drink prices

Peanuts - certainly much smaller than the normal bag, but were plenty for one person

Hot Dogs - Relatively the same size hot dogs.

Lines - lines were pretty long. I waited for about an inning. Of course, it was still the beginning of the game and they sold out of the $5 tickets. What do you expect?

The bottom line is, each of the items are $1.00....what portion size are you expecting? Either get there early and eat or wait until the middle of the game. Either way, I'd call it a successful attempt by the Reds to make the game a more affordable place to take in a game and get a decent amount of food for a few bucks. You just can't expect The Precinct steaks for $1.00.

robmadden1
04-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Not the box seats for FSN I mean the main area of FSN without the tables. Normal seating. I got it mixed up with the all you can eat seats but still the all you can eat seats are a better deal then the $1 line.

goreds2
04-13-2009, 09:45 PM
You can also do this to save money (per Reds.com)

Bottles and Cans
No glass bottles or cans may be brought into Great American Ball Park. Guests are welcome to bring in soft drinks and water provided they are in clear plastic bottles and the safety seal has not been broken. Insulated foam cups/containers from restaurants, convenience stores or gas stations, etc. are not permitted in Great American Ball Park.

Coolers
Guests are welcome to bring SOFT-SIDED coolers into Great American Ball Park provided the coolers' dimensions do not exceed the 16" x 16" x 8" inch Major League Baseball size requirement. HARD-SIDED coolers of any size are prohibited from entering the ballpark. Coolers and all carry-in items are always subject to inspection by Reds personnel prior to entrance to the ballpark or at any time while inside the ballpark. The Reds are not responsible for HARD-SIDED coolers that are left outside of the ballpark gates. Guests are strongly encouraged to return their HARD-SIDED coolers to their vehicles.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ballpark/cin_ballpark_gabp_azguide.jsp

namichael
04-14-2009, 09:50 PM
The $5 beers are a joke. They are the same cups that yager bombs come in.

I haven't seen them yet, but aren't they supposed to be 14oz? If that's the case, $5 isn't that bad really. I mean you're going to pay almost $5 for a 12oz bottle at the Hard Rock Cafe.

I wish that they would do dollar PBRs like the hockey team in cincinnati used to do.
:beerme:

NastyBoy
04-15-2009, 01:06 AM
I went saturday in the middle of first inning. It was about a 10 minute wait in line. One thing I noted is that the booth is staffed by regular food service employees and not volunteers, so that may help speed things along. By the time I had gotten my food, the lines had doubled in size.

I had 2 of the hot dogs with an udf ice cream and a soda. Dogs were pretty tasty. One thing that did surprise me about the drinks were the number flavors they have at their fountain now. They have Cherry Coke which is a big bonus for me. I did not try the peanuts because I had brought some with me, but they are an individual size, big enough for one person, but not big enough for sharing. The popcorn is a pretty good sized bag in my opinion, but it is not freshly popped.

NastyBoy
04-15-2009, 01:10 AM
You can also do this to save money (per Reds.com)

Bottles and Cans
No glass bottles or cans may be brought into Great American Ball Park. Guests are welcome to bring in soft drinks and water provided they are in clear plastic bottles and the safety seal has not been broken. Insulated foam cups/containers from restaurants, convenience stores or gas stations, etc. are not permitted in Great American Ball Park.

Coolers
Guests are welcome to bring SOFT-SIDED coolers into Great American Ball Park provided the coolers' dimensions do not exceed the 16" x 16" x 8" inch Major League Baseball size requirement. HARD-SIDED coolers of any size are prohibited from entering the ballpark. Coolers and all carry-in items are always subject to inspection by Reds personnel prior to entrance to the ballpark or at any time while inside the ballpark. The Reds are not responsible for HARD-SIDED coolers that are left outside of the ballpark gates. Guests are strongly encouraged to return their HARD-SIDED coolers to their vehicles.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ballpark/cin_ballpark_gabp_azguide.jsp

You can also bring your own food into the stadium.

goreds2
04-15-2009, 03:07 PM
......Plus, vendors usually sale peanuts and water at a cheaper rate outside the stadium.

BigJohn
04-16-2009, 08:51 AM
Pack a lunch! Pack some drinks. Save some $$$$$$

bounty37h
04-16-2009, 09:51 AM

The FSN Club Food:

The Durham Bulls have a special going on Thursday nights, which include the all you can eat, but also includes beer!!!!! Yup, I am looking forward to the game tonight!

bounty37h
04-16-2009, 09:55 AM
I haven't seen them yet, but aren't they supposed to be 14oz? If that's the case, $5 isn't that bad really. I mean you're going to pay almost $5 for a 12oz bottle at the Hard Rock Cafe.

I wish that they would do dollar PBRs like the hockey team in cincinnati used to do.
:beerme:

There was a bar near my campus when I was in college that would do a PBR night, starting at 8:00, PBR draft was free to all 9had to "register" when you entered the bar), until the first person got up to use the bathroom, then the deal was over and done. SO of course, noone ever wanted to be the first person up to go pee!

goreds2
04-20-2009, 03:34 AM
On the Reds site is shows $100 as the cost to the Champions Club box seats. Unless there are two Champions Clubs?

Here is the deal:

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ticketing/ayce.jsp?partnerId=panel_CIN_ayce041709

Eric_the_Red
04-20-2009, 06:56 AM
^ I'm familiar with the all you can eat seats. I was referencing a mention of a cheaper ticket to the Champions Club, which doesn't exist.

nineworldseries
04-20-2009, 03:06 PM
^ I'm familiar with the all you can eat seats. I was referencing a mention of a cheaper ticket to the Champions Club, which doesn't exist.

I was wondering the exact same thing :confused:

It would be truly awesome to gain access to the Champions Club for only $30, but no such thing exists as far as I know.