PDA

View Full Version : Media Reds Predictions

will5979
04-06-2009, 06:48 PM
All these ESPN media gurus are claiming that the Reds are the surprise team of the year...

ONe even claimed that the Reds would lose to the Yankees in the WORLD SERIES. Now I don't see them doing that good this year, but would people actually like to see the Reds make it to the big dance if they know they will lose?

Honestly I would rather see this team finish 2nd with 85-90 wins and NOT make the playoffs than to make it and lose. When they make playoffs I want them to win, not just be a practice partner.

Root Down
04-06-2009, 07:09 PM
I want them to make it as far as they can. If they make it to the series and lose so be it. At least they got there, aim to win it next year. I would be much happier being able to watch the Reds in October.

Jack Burton
04-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Skip Bayless picked the Reds to win the division on first take today. He did pretty good with his Phillies pick last year.

leakbrewergator
04-07-2009, 03:43 PM
All this optimism is making me freak out!

Road Pop
04-07-2009, 03:59 PM
I'd be very happy to see the Reds lose the world series. Happier to see them win, but happy none the less.

bgwilly31
04-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Yeah i would say you would be among the few that would rather see the team not make the playoffs, than lose in the world series.

If the reds make it to the world series i would go crazy with excitement.

leakbrewergator
04-07-2009, 04:30 PM
I would love the Reds to make the World Series as well. My roommate is a huge Rays fan. It would be nice to end his bragging rights.

gedred69
04-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Yikes!! They were picked last year as the "sleeper team" by a lot of those Gurus! Let them pick somebody else rather than continue their curse, while the Reds just creep up on the supposed lead teams.........

BurgervilleBuck
04-08-2009, 01:30 AM
Any baseball fan worth their rosin bag wants their team to win it all. Honestly, anything beyond 15 games over .500 would make me happy & optimistic for 2010 and beyond.

bounty37h
04-08-2009, 12:01 PM
All these ESPN media gurus are claiming that the Reds are the surprise team of the year...

ONe even claimed that the Reds would lose to the Yankees in the WORLD SERIES. Now I don't see them doing that good this year, but would people actually like to see the Reds make it to the big dance if they know they will lose?

Honestly I would rather see this team finish 2nd with 85-90 wins and NOT make the playoffs than to make it and lose. When they make playoffs I want them to win, not just be a practice partner.

While obviously would prefer em to win, would love em to be there too, just to enjoy the playoffs/WS for a team in it, not just what it is.

will5979
04-08-2009, 12:25 PM
MY point is that I take losing hard, VERY hard. I am lucky to have seen the Reds win in every World Series they have participated in my lifetime. Unfortunately I also know the agony of defeat. Losing to the Braves in the 95 NLCS always left a horrible taste in my mouth, knowing that we were so close and blew it. That team would have probably swept Cleveland in the World Series.

99 was a little different. I still believe to this day we probably would have benn eliminated in the first round, but I still would have been happy.

bounty37h
04-08-2009, 04:23 PM
I take losing hard, but I would rather take losing in the playoffs or World Series hard then losing out so early we dont even care anymore after 4th of July. I am only 34, so only have been able to see them in the WS once in my life, so ready to try it again someday.....I have watched my NCAA and NFL team win 4 championships between them in the last couple years, so been spoiled otherwise!

Jerome
04-08-2009, 05:25 PM
The Reds are a sexy youthful pick. If an analyst picks the Reds and the Reds don't come through, the analyst won't be crucified to badly, but, if the Reds do make good on his prediction, then the analyst will look real good. There is no risk involved in picking the Reds. Everyone likes the talented youth.

http://jeromesredscare.blogspot.com

Shawn_RedsFan
04-08-2009, 06:50 PM
As long as the reds can contend this year i will be thrilled, but in all honesty i think we should be a playoff team. If we could just acquire one big bat I really think we would be set to make a serious run in october.