PDA

View Full Version : Frank Robinson back home

Redlegs
04-07-2009, 06:16 PM
As a Reds fan, it's great to see Frank Robinson so involved with the club again. He's was a great player for the team and was involved in one of the worst trades in baseball history.

During a press conference today, Frank said a lot of people associate him with the Baltimore Orioles, but "I tell them, no, no, no, I'm a Cincinnati Red."

Kudos to the Castellini ownership for understanding what it means to honor the glorius past of this great, historic organization.

Strider
04-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Robinson has always been my favorite Red of all time. I remember attending a pre-game batting practice where he hit a line drive to the scoreboard and knocked his own number (20) out of that old manual scoreboard at Crosley. I'm thrilled he is back involved with the team.

Redlegs
04-08-2009, 06:56 AM
Me too, Strider. Kudos to the Castellinis, and the Linders before them, for beginning the healing process.

roby
04-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Robinson has always been my favorite Red of all time. I remember attending a pre-game batting practice where he hit a line drive to the scoreboard and knocked his own number (20) out of that old manual scoreboard at Crosley. I'm thrilled he is back involved with the team.

Robinson has always been my favorite Red too. I was absolutely sick when they traded him...and haven't really gotten over it yet.