PDA

View Full Version : Construction at the Riverfront site?

chettt
04-14-2009, 08:50 AM
As a out-of-towner (I live north of Indy - not much Reds' new here), what is the construction going on next to the ballpark. I was at opening day. There doesn't look like there is a economic slowdown at Riverfront. Looks pretty impressive. THANKS IN ADVANCE

reds1869
04-14-2009, 09:09 AM
It is the long anticipated Banks Project. It will be a mixed use residential/retail/entertainment district. The County and city have wrangled ove rit for years but it appears to finally be going full steam ahead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Banks

Fon Duc Tow
04-14-2009, 12:48 PM
It is the long anticipated Banks Project. It will be a mixed use residential/retail/entertainment district. The County and city have wrangled ove rit for years but it appears to finally be going full steam ahead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Banks

It also includes a light rail system, which features juicy hand-picked government contracts with kickbacks on the back end. Want to know who's palms are getting greased the most? Listen to who the loudest supporters for it are. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3xGtjhZ_Yg

"But Main Street's still all cracked and broken!"
"Sorry Mom, the mob has spoken."
"Monorail!!!"

Captain Hook
04-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Hear in Columbus the CBJ has been doing pretty well with their attendance.The Blue Jackets have been terrible for ever but people have alway showed up for games.I think a big reason for that is how nice the Arena District is.There are plenty of bars and other kinds of entertainment well within walking distance for after the games.

A project like this in Cincinnati could really make going to a game more appealing to the younger crowd and anyone else looking to have a little fun after the game.It seems to me that most people I know just go to the game then go home.I don't see many places to hang out at after the game on the walk to the car.If I did I might stop to have a drink or 2.Things like this just adds to the overall experience of going to a Reds game.I know that it won't hurt.

Gizmo
04-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Hear in Columbus the CBJ has been doing pretty well with their attendance.The Blue Jackets have been terrible for ever but people have alway showed up for games.I think a big reason for that is how nice the Arena District is.There are plenty of bars and other kinds of entertainment well within walking distance for after the games.

A project like this in Cincinnati could really make going to a game more appealing to the younger crowd and anyone else looking to have a little fun after the game.It seems to me that most people I know just go to the game then go home.I don't see many places to hang out at after the game on the walk to the car.If I did I might stop to have a drink or 2.Things like this just adds to the overall experience of going to a Reds game.I know that it won't hurt.

park in Newport, walk over the bridge, plenty to do there. i do agree it will be nice to see cincinnati have some stuff to do, though.