PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to trade with the Yankees?

ChatterRed
04-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Their bullpen got hammered today. They are in serious need of relief pitching.

Newman4
04-18-2009, 08:36 PM
Sure, but what are you going to ask for in return? They are remarkably thin with Arod and Nady out despite spending lots of money in the offseason.

NastyBoy
04-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Do you think they would throw Wang in on the deal?

NorrisHopper30
04-19-2009, 02:55 PM
I don't want Wang

schmidty622
04-19-2009, 04:24 PM
We have so many young RP's with upside that I would call them and see if we could work a deal out.

I'm not real up to speed on their system but if they had a SS with a bat I would sniff around.

ChatterRed
04-19-2009, 05:15 PM
They have a 22 year old CFer named Austin Jackson in triple AAA, I'd trade for.

Last season batted .285, 33 doubles, 5 triples, 9 HR's, 69 rbi, 19 SB's. He's just turned 22 in February.

Currently hitting .480.

It's something. He only grades out as a "B" prospect: http://www.minorleagueball.com/2008/12/26/702481/new-york-yankees-top-20-pr

I didn't see any SS's I'd trade for.

schmidty622
04-20-2009, 12:38 PM
He sound's like a good target but I would have to think that he would be blocked here by Taveras and then Stubbs. I'm not much of a Stubbs fan but I think the plan that is currently in place is to have Stubbs ready by the end of Taveras' contract.

Also, would the Yanks part with that kid for some middle relievers? I think we'd have to offer something more up.

leakbrewergator
04-20-2009, 12:56 PM
We have so many young RP's with upside that I would call them and see if we could work a deal out.

I'm not real up to speed on their system but if they had a SS with a bat I would sniff around.

#2?

ChatterRed
04-20-2009, 12:58 PM
He sound's like a good target but I would have to think that he would be blocked here by Taveras and then Stubbs. I'm not much of a Stubbs fan but I think the plan that is currently in place is to have Stubbs ready by the end of Taveras' contract.

Also, would the Yanks part with that kid for some middle relievers? I think we'd have to offer something more up.

I'm in the "Stubbs will never make it to the Bigs" crowd. I just don't see it.

Most of our remaining OF prospects are marginal. Might as well add another to the mix. Plus he's only 22.

schmidty622
04-20-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm in the "Stubbs will never make it to the Bigs" crowd. I just don't see it.

Most of our remaining OF prospects are marginal. Might as well add another to the mix. Plus he's only 22.

Oh, I agree on on Stubbs, I just don't think the FO would agree with us.

I would be all for upgrading the outfield talent. Especially up the middle.

Nasty_Boy
04-20-2009, 03:03 PM
I couldn't disagree more when it comes to Stubbs. The dude plays GG defense at a premium defensive position, he can run, and he has some pop. He may never be a star, but who woulda thought Dickerson would ever reach the show... Stubbs has the tools that will make him a major leaguer, I just don't know if he'll be the star that people want out of a 1st round pick.

Kingspoint
04-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Sure. I'll trade them Cordero for Cabrera.

schmidty622
04-20-2009, 04:04 PM
I couldn't disagree more when it comes to Stubbs. The dude plays GG defense at a premium defensive position, he can run, and he has some pop. He may never be a star, but who woulda thought Dickerson would ever reach the show... Stubbs has the tools that will make him a major leaguer, I just don't know if he'll be the star that people want out of a 1st round pick.

That's what I said - Stubbs will be like Dickerson. A 26 year old rookie that plays good defense and is average at the dish.

PhillipsHead
04-20-2009, 04:46 PM
I wouldn't touch the Yankees for a trade with a 50 foot pole right now.

Kingspoint
04-20-2009, 05:23 PM
They have a boatload of switch-hitters in their organization. I'd like to get one of them.

ChatterRed
04-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Sure. I'll trade them Cordero for Cabrera.

Interesting idea, actually. They're the one team that can afford him.

Cordero straight up for Swisher. I'd do it.

TC81190
04-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Give them Massett and someone else for Austin Jackson.

nmculbreth
04-21-2009, 12:17 AM
Give them Massett and someone else for Austin Jackson.

Austin Jackson is the Yankees top prospect and was ranked the 36th best prospect in all of baseball. He is currently in AAA and plays a skill position. Good luck trying to pry him loose for a bunch of spare parts.

JBChance
04-21-2009, 02:19 AM
Austin Jackson is the Yankees top prospect and was ranked the 36th best prospect in all of baseball. He is currently in AAA and plays a skill position. Good luck trying to pry him loose for a bunch of spare parts.

They might get desperate for some pitching, though. We do have some strength, right now, in the relief pitcher department. The pressure in NY to win is not to be believed. My sister is a Yankee fan and you should hear what she says. Pissed is a gross understatement.

We might have to give up someone like Masset or Bray and a prospect or two. Not entirely likely, but not impossible either.