PDA

View Full Version : Is there a worse defensive OF than the Nationals?

DTCromer
04-20-2009, 11:30 PM
Kearns/Dunn/Dukes look like painted turtles in the OF.

Oh wait, I forgot about 2006.

Kearns/Dunn/Griffey.

TC81190
04-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Kearns is their CF?

Oh wow.

WildcatFan
04-20-2009, 11:42 PM
You could have replaced this thread title with "Is there a worse ________ than the Nationals?

Bullpen, front office, starting rotation, and spelling team would all have fit that blank.

NastyBoy
04-20-2009, 11:44 PM
Austin Kearns used to a pretty good outfielder and hitter until Ray King sat on him.

TC81190
04-20-2009, 11:52 PM
Austin Kearns used to a pretty good outfielder and hitter until Ray King sat on him.
He was pretty rangy in RF and had a nice arm, but I think he probably only would've been a plus in the corner. Probably average at best as a defensive CF, although his bat would've played well above.

stripedwarrior
04-21-2009, 12:05 AM
Dukes was playing center tonight. Baseball tonight/sportscenter gave him a hard time about go half speed for a single that he allowed to become a double.

PhillipsHead
04-21-2009, 01:16 AM
You could have replaced this thread title with "Is there a worse ________ than the Nationals?

Bullpen, front office, starting rotation, and spelling team would all have fit that blank.

He hit the nail on the head right there.

There is not a single good aspect to this team. The fact that they signed Zimmerman to a 5 yr, 45 mil deal speaks volumes right there. He is not panning out and he is not going to pan out. He will be the Brandon Larson of that team for years to come.

Benny Red
04-21-2009, 05:43 AM
They are about as bad as it will ever be. I saw Obama turned down an invitation to throw out their first pitch for christsakes...Adam Dunn is hitting like .315 this year! We'll see how long that nonsense lasts...

I understand what you are saying DTCromer about the 06' OF...but I hate ripping on Griffey in any capacity. That mother****er could hit .300, knock out 45, knock in 120, steal 35 bases, and play the best center field in the game hands down...He's the best 5 tool player i've ever seen in my life and was for a good 5-7 year stretch at least. Ha, i'm new here and I certainly don't want to ruffle any feathers or anything, but i'm maybe a bit sensitive when it comes to griffey. But I totally understand what you are saying when it comes to griffey '06 and so forth