PDA

View Full Version : Votto HR stolen....

bgwilly31
04-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Vottos double off the wall was touched by a fan with a glove.

Ive got DVR and slow motion and its almost certain by the replay alone the fan definitely touched the ball.

Two other things confirm this. The cubs outfielder Glared up at the fan afterwards and didnt even worry about getting the ball.

Also during EE's at bat you could here the fans Chanting in the background "KICK HIM OUT" KICK HIM OUT"

Now the question is if the fan did reach over and touch the ball, isnt that considered a Homerun>? if so we were robbed, what happened to instant replay in the MLB.

schmidty622
04-22-2009, 10:45 PM
moot point

bgwilly31
04-22-2009, 10:48 PM
Which is great but it doesnt change the point.

sorry for letting people know that may have missed it.

AccordinglyReds
04-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Hmmmm....missed it. I'll check it on the replay on Reds Live. :)

fisch11
04-22-2009, 11:19 PM
MLB Network's highlight pointed out that it appeared that the fan deflected the ball back down into the field of play.

DTCromer
04-22-2009, 11:20 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing. That balll either hit the top of the fence or the fans glove. I could've sworn it hit the fan's glove.

xavr1
04-23-2009, 09:32 AM
Hasnt he had two near misses in the last couple games?

Hey Meat
04-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Yep, that one in Houston was very close to going out.

bgwilly31
04-23-2009, 11:35 AM
moot point

hmm schmity seems people did like to know.

As for everyone. If the fan did touch the ball, it is considered a homerun right>?

What happened to MLB replay>? Could dusty have asked for the umps to review the play?

sabometrics
04-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Depends on if the fan hit the ball back into the field of play (in which case it should be ruled a home run) or if the fan reached out and touched the ball while it was still in the field of play (in which case fan interference should have been called).

bgwilly31
04-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Depends on if the fan hit the ball back into the field of play (in which case it should be ruled a home run) or if the fan reached out and touched the ball while it was still in the field of play (in which case fan interference should have been called).

and fan interference is like a ground rule dble>?

schmidty622
04-23-2009, 12:40 PM
hmm schmity seems people did like to know.

As for everyone. If the fan did touch the ball, it is considered a homerun right>?

What happened to MLB replay>? Could dusty have asked for the umps to review the play?

I wasn't saying not to discuss it. Simply saying it doesn't matter. Really no need to call me out on it. Feel free to discuss it and it's irrelevance all you want.