PDA

View Full Version : Any World of Warcraft fans?

yab1112
04-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Just got the game a couple weeks ago and I'm certifiably addicted. Got a level 30 Draenel Warrior. Anyone else on here a WOW player?

Eric_the_Red
04-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Just got the game a couple weeks ago and I'm certifiably addicted. Got a level 30 Draenel Warrior. Anyone else on here a WOW player?

What is the VORP of a level 30 Draenel Warrior?

(Perhaps this thread should be moved to the Non-Sports Chatter forum?)

yab1112
04-23-2009, 02:51 PM
oops. it definately should. could a mod please move it?

thanks.

AtomicDumpling
04-23-2009, 03:20 PM
I haven't tried WOW yet. I have considered it and I know I would love it. The problem is that I get seriously addicted to that sort of game. Once I start it I won't walk away from the computer for months. Really. My wife is the same way. Diablo II occupied us for years. Diablo III comes out in a few months... :starwars: :KoolAid:

dougdirt
04-23-2009, 03:30 PM
I haven't tried WOW yet. I have considered it and I know I would love it. The problem is that I get seriously addicted to that sort of game. Once I start it I won't walk away from the computer for months. Really. My wife is the same way. Diablo II occupied us for years. Diablo III comes out in a few months... :starwars: :KoolAid:

Don't feel bad AD.... one of my good friends used to live out in Washington (state) and had a roommate who had a serious problem with being addicted to that game. It got to the point where he saved up enough money to pay rent for two months, then quit his job to play WOW fulltime. For fun. After about a week my buddy came home from work and tried to turn on his computer.... nothing happened. So he opened it up and his RAM was missing. His roommate had taken it so he could play faster.

Just tell me you weren't ever that bad off with a game lol.

*BaseClogger*
04-23-2009, 03:41 PM
I know a guy who had to drop out of Michigan because he got addicted. Be careful! :yikes:

ochre
04-23-2009, 03:51 PM
You aren't really playing until you match Sam Deathwalker's 1 person (31 box) burst DPS!
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5951/hot4j.jpg

smith288
04-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Anything with that much going on on the screen at one time isnt worth the time to learn it.

yab1112
04-23-2009, 04:43 PM
You aren't really playing until you match Sam Deathwalker's 1 person (31 box) burst DPS!

holy hell what is goin on there?

ochre
04-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Dude plays 30ish accounts on 6 computers and controls them with macro commands, etc. He's, umm, a bit odd.

I don't play WoW, but I guess there's not much character bump. Looks like he has his "army" on autofollow, which, apparently, with WoW's player geometry system puts them all right on top of each other

RedsManRick
04-23-2009, 08:46 PM
I played for a couple of years. Have a lvl 70 gnome rogue, a lvl 64 gnome mage, and a handful in the 20-40 range. I got frustrated when the end game content was either completely boring and repetitive or so difficult that it required perfect execution with a group of other people and a bunch of materials farming. Just way too time consuming. I'd be happy to give my toons to somebody who would enjoy them if I can dig up my account info and find a good way to transfer them. However, it's been over a year since I played, so I don't know if they're stilla round.

NorrisHopper30
04-23-2009, 08:50 PM
Quit WOW while you can. It ruined my first 2 years of high school. I played from when I got home at 330 till midnight every night all year. It is a drug, it is an addiction.

yab1112
04-23-2009, 08:55 PM
I'd be happy to give my toons to somebody who would enjoy them if I can dig up my account info and find a good way to transfer them.

You can only transfer between accounts with the same last name and it costs 25 buckaroos :eek:

and its too late to get out Norris, I'm already in too deep

HumnHilghtFreel
04-23-2009, 09:07 PM
I've always been really interested in getting into the game and even played a bit of an offshoot game I got for free Hero. But I've kept myself from it because I have an addictive personality and I already allow video games to take up enough of my time.

AtomicDumpling
04-24-2009, 04:11 AM
Don't feel bad AD.... one of my good friends used to live out in Washington (state) and had a roommate who had a serious problem with being addicted to that game. It got to the point where he saved up enough money to pay rent for two months, then quit his job to play WOW fulltime. For fun. After about a week my buddy came home from work and tried to turn on his computer.... nothing happened. So he opened it up and his RAM was missing. His roommate had taken it so he could play faster.

Just tell me you weren't ever that bad off with a game lol.

Wow. :eek: No, I am not that bad.

But I have gone a couple of months staying up until about 2:00am playing games when I had to get up at 7:00 for work. It is fine for a few days and then it gets very unhealthy.

Now that I am self-employed I could really go on a gaming binge without life-changing consequences! :thumbup: