PDA

View Full Version : Okay dusty, BP back to 4 spot>? really

bgwilly31
04-25-2009, 12:24 PM
What exactly did pulling BP from the 4 spot do when you only leave him out of it for ONE GAME!

ONE GAME!

Thats not going to get him hitting again. The whole point of taking him out of the spot was to let him see some better pitches and get out of this funk. ONE GAME is not going to do that.

Cmon. who does that. ONE GAME!

I just totally disagree with this move. I love BP as much as the next guy. But i have never liked him in the 4 spot. Even though he might be the best for the spot. I still think we should have let him see more pitches in the 6 hole for at least a series or so.

Lineup for 4-25-09 vs braves.

dickerson
hairston
votto
BP
bruce
EE
gonzo
hanigan
arroyo

improbus
04-26-2009, 10:37 AM
What exactly did pulling BP from the 4 spot do when you only leave him out of it for ONE GAME!

ONE GAME!

Thats not going to get him hitting again. The whole point of taking him out of the spot was to let him see some better pitches and get out of this funk. ONE GAME is not going to do that.

Cmon. who does that. ONE GAME!

I just totally disagree with this move. I love BP as much as the next guy. But i have never liked him in the 4 spot. Even though he might be the best for the spot. I still think we should have let him see more pitches in the 6 hole for at least a series or so.

Lineup for 4-25-09 vs braves.

dickerson
hairston
votto
BP
bruce
EE
gonzo
hanigan
arroyo
I guess. But EE is hitting worse than Phillips. With a team devoid of a true 4 hole hitter, I think that I would simply put the hot hand there. EE, Bruce, and BPhil are streak hitters. Put the hot hand in the 4 spot and adjust accordingly. If that means that you are hitting Hanigan 4th today, so be it.

jmac
04-26-2009, 05:59 PM
I think with Bruce kicking in now, Jay should bat 4th vs Righties.
I realize many say the lefty-lefty thing late in the game but my opinion is, it would provide Votto some needed Protection for at least 3 AB'S a game plus maybe get Jay more rbi possibilites.

xavr1
04-26-2009, 06:47 PM
I agree about giving Bruce a shot against RHPs. I have been thinking that in the back of my mind all season but the way he had been slumping I thought it might be a bad idea. It still might, but he is swinging the bat well and we know he has power when on. Worth a shot.