PDA

View Full Version : Reds vs. LHP Duke & Pirates...Not Looking Good

LetsGoReds11
05-01-2009, 09:38 AM
Zach Duke has been pretty impressive his last two outings. He has almost had 2nd complete games on the season. He's 3-1 on the year with a 2.43 ERA. If it wasn't for one bad outing he would have a considerably less ERA. It seems to me Duke has returned to form he had his rookie season a few years ago. Considering the struggles the Reds have against LHP I'm not liking the look of this game. Here's to working the pitch counts and getting to the Pirates bullpen early. What does everyone else think about this game tonight?

xavr1
05-01-2009, 09:52 AM
I am not convinced on Duke this year. I remember in 2005 when he was just shutting teams down (he basically won my fantasy league for me), so I have been watching him the last couple years. He just didnt have the same command anymore. Teams had figured him out. At least, they had until the beginning of this year. Im sure hes worked on some mechanics and improved, but he is not a 2.43 ERA guy, and the Reds are just as likely as anyone to set the record straight in that regard.

Ghosts of 1990
05-01-2009, 10:00 AM
We struggle against lefthanders. Thats just all there is to it. Any time there is one on the hill I feel like its a loss. I don't know what it is. Just have to hope that Duke has an off night. FWIW I bet on the Reds tonight, liking their chances as a dog.