PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Milwaukee fan

BrainDed
05-05-2009, 12:47 AM
Hey all -

Looking forward to the upcoming series with you guys. I love watching your youngsters pitch. Good luck, I will be back for some friendly smack talk later.

schmidty622
05-05-2009, 07:22 AM
Smack talk is prohibited.

BrainDed
05-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Smack talk is prohibited.

So if I were to say I hope the Brewers sweep I would get banned? Are we really that sensitive schmidty?

schmidty622
05-05-2009, 12:45 PM
So if I were to say I hope the Brewers sweep I would get banned? Are we really that sensitive schmidty?

You may be surprised.

camisadelgolf
05-05-2009, 01:23 PM
No, you wouldn't get banned for that. Schmidty623 is just trolling. If you view his history, you can see that his posts lack substance.

Welcome to the site, and feel free to put in your two cents so long as it's respectful of others.

Boss-Hog
05-05-2009, 01:23 PM
I don't know if his post was tongue in cheek or not, but no, that's not true at all. We always encourage fans from other teams to post here provided they follow the same rules of the board that apply to everyone.

schmidty622
05-05-2009, 02:59 PM
No, you wouldn't get banned for that. Schmidty623 is just trolling. If you view his history, you can see that his posts lack substance.

Welcome to the site, and feel free to put in your two cents so long as it's respectful of others.

Yup, I'm about as shallow as a puddle and pretty happy about it.

GIDP
05-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Ken Macha is a very good manager and JJ Hardy is one of the worst SS in baseball.

*BaseClogger*
05-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Great thread everybody. We have chased off a fan from another team who had to potential to add insight rarely seen around hear. Very frustrating...

camisadelgolf
05-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Great thread everybody. We have chased off a fan from another team who had to potential to add insight rarely seen around hear. Very frustrating...
Yeah, it's very frustrating--it's a shame it wasn't a Cubs fan. :cool:

BrainDed
05-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Ken Macha is a very good manager and JJ Hardy is one of the worst SS in baseball.

JJ Hardy is notoriously streaky. Nobody in Milwaukee is worried about his start. He will bat 500 for a month while carrying the team on his back and then hit .085 the next month.

If your talking about D.. while he might not have the best range but, until this season, he always had great fielding %. Talk among fans is that he will either be traded or shifted to 3rd when one of our top prospects, Alcidos Escobar, gets his bat big league ready. ( i cant link it so here is a cheat... baseball-intellect.com/milwaukee-brewers-top-prospects/ )

OnBaseMachine
05-05-2009, 07:28 PM
JJ Hardy is notoriously streaky. Nobody in Milwaukee is worried about his start. He will bat 500 for a month while carrying the team on his back and then hit .085 the next month.

If your talking about D.. while he might not have the best range but, until this season, he always had great fielding %. Talk among fans is that he will either be traded or shifted to 3rd when one of our top prospects, Alcidos Escobar, gets his bat big league ready. ( i cant link it so here is a cheat... baseball-intellect.com/milwaukee-brewers-top-prospects/ )

Escobar is going to be a stud. If I were the Brewers, I'd keep Hardy and shift him to 3B. Or to second base and move Weeks to CF when Cameron leaves.

Welcome to the board, btw. :)

BrainDed
05-05-2009, 07:29 PM
I don't know if his post was tongue in cheek or not, but no, that's not true at all. We always encourage fans from other teams to post here provided they follow the same rules of the board that apply to everyone.

Thanks Boss.. I sent you a pm.

BrainDed
05-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Escobar is going to be a stud. If I were the Brewers, I'd keep Hardy and shift him to 3B. Or to second base and move Weeks to CF when Cameron leaves.

Thats exactly the talk... Move Weeks to CF, Hardy to 3rd and our latest infield prospect Lawrie to 2nd.

You know your NL central!

BrainDed
05-05-2009, 07:38 PM

Whats the rumer mill saying about Alonso? I assume you will be moving him or Votto soon.

OnBaseMachine
05-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Whats the rumer mill saying about Alonso? I assume you will be moving him or Votto soon.

Votto will probably move to left field to make room for Alonso. Some think the Reds will go the Brewers route and trade Alonso for another piece ala Matt LaPorta, but I think Votto will move to LF.

WVPacman
05-06-2009, 01:00 AM
Votto will probably move to left field to make room for Alonso. Some think the Reds will go the Brewers route and trade Alonso for another piece ala Matt LaPorta, but I think Votto will move to LF.

Yeah I look for Votto to go to left field and Alonso to play first.Unless we get a bigtime prospect I don't see Alonso going anywhere b/c he has alot of patential to become a bigtime player for us.I just hope Votto won't become another Adam Dunn in left field.

Welcome to the boards Brainded!!

dth42888
05-06-2009, 03:41 AM
Alonso is a top prospect at any level of baseball. At this point if the reds were thinking of trading him it would require either a power hitting outfielder or a high OBP third baseman. Trade or no trade, I don't see Alonso making a Reds starting line-up till late May at earliest. Dusty likes his veterans and the last thing he would do is regulate any of them, meaning: Not much room on the roster.