PDA

View Full Version : Would you sale the farm to...

Lockdwn11
05-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Make a run at a ring this year? I was wanting to know if you would be willing to trade off some of the top minor leaguers (Bailey,Frazier,Yonder ect.)
for a bat or two to make a run this year with the pitching doing so well. If so who would you trade and who would you pick up?

GIDP
05-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Depends on how much of the farm we talking about. Id sell some pretty good talent to get Hanley Ramirez haha

NeilHamburger
05-05-2009, 10:37 PM
No, I still don't think the team is just one player away. Maybe next year. I'm willing to make a run, but not sell the farm for it.

If you want some interesting players look to the Indians. Their bullpen is just terrible, and it was reported they are ready to make some changes.

Some interesting targets:

Mark DeRosa
Johnny Peralta

For a good bullpen arm and a good bullpen prospect from AAA you may be able to get one of them.

Shawn_RedsFan
05-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Ill pass on Peralta

NeilHamburger
05-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Really, I know he's been bad this year, but look at his previous 4 years. He's only 26, and his offensive numbers would probably only improve at GABP.

I could see him putting up a .275 Aver. 25 HR 40 Doubles .340 OBP line.
Granted, that's not great. I'm not saying I'd give up the farm for him, but that would certainly help at SS.

brachial pleXUs
05-05-2009, 11:09 PM
From the ORG, how about Asdrubal Cabrera?

Chris Sabowned
05-05-2009, 11:56 PM
I would take Peralta over Asdrubal. He's a much better offensive player.

ciesaro
05-06-2009, 12:52 AM
I'd put things on idle for now.

flash
05-06-2009, 08:21 AM
I'd want Laporta before anyone else on the Indians.

lidspinner
05-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Depends on how much of the farm we talking about. Id sell some pretty good talent to get Hanley Ramirez haha

I was talking to a Brewers scout about HanRam(his term, not mine) about him being a SS to look out for at the deadline for a contender to get....not only did he say that Florida would take nothing less than 3 MLB starters and 2 TOP farm prospects, he said that HanRam is going to follow the path of Arod and play 3rd.....I disagreed and he just politley said..."look me up in a few years and i'll say told ya so"....what is your opinion on him staying at SS or going to 3rd?.....I only am familar with his offensive numbers, i really havent seem much of him on defense other than these last 2 games and I thought he looked pretty good.

Bumstead
05-06-2009, 09:44 AM
ArseDribble Cabrera would probably help us more down the line. He is younger (and cheaper) and is finally starting to hit. Peralta is really streaky and will be hitting his arbitration years if he's not already. Either would be a huge improvement over what we have at SS now. What do you give up though? They are going to want a pretty good prospect or 2 for either of those guys. Roenicke and Maloney aren't going to cut it. Whatever the Reds would have to give up is going to painful. I don't believe 1 player is going to turn us into World Series contenders; maybe Wild Card contenders...

Bum

schmidty622
05-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Guys I would take a look at:

Josh Willingham - Nationals
Aubrey Huff - O's
Brad Hawpe - Colorado

All are pretty cheap and can play left field. Huff is more of a corner infielder but has played some outfield in his career if I remember correctly.

Ghosts of 1990
05-06-2009, 10:52 AM
I'd be sniffing around Holliday. Other then that there isn't a lot that appears will be available that I like

GIDP
05-06-2009, 11:08 AM
I was talking to a Brewers scout about HanRam(his term, not mine) about him being a SS to look out for at the deadline for a contender to get....not only did he say that Florida would take nothing less than 3 MLB starters and 2 TOP farm prospects, he said that HanRam is going to follow the path of Arod and play 3rd.....I disagreed and he just politley said..."look me up in a few years and i'll say told ya so"....what is your opinion on him staying at SS or going to 3rd?.....I only am familar with his offensive numbers, i really havent seem much of him on defense other than these last 2 games and I thought he looked pretty good.

I have felt for a while that he should be moving to CF. He isnt a great defensive SS but hes average. Marlins would be dumb to expect that much in return but they are going to at least want 2 of our top offensive minor leaguers and some package of pitching. They would probably want Frazier and Bailey for sure. I wouldnt be surprised if they asked for someone like Neftali soto as well.

Id move him to CF like BJ Upton.

Kingspoint
05-06-2009, 02:56 PM
I wouldn't "sale" anything, but I might "sell" something.

gedred69
05-06-2009, 09:00 PM
WJ said back during ST, that "Atkins is on our radar". He's off to a slow start, so maybe he could be had for a little less, and Rocks seem to be re-tooling. His past says he'll get it going. AND, he'd answer the 3B dilemna.