PDA

View Full Version : OWINGS!!!

LouisvilleCARDS
05-10-2009, 05:04 PM
:beerme:

xavr1
05-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Best moment of the young season as far as Im concerned!

Dude Rock
05-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Great game, win or lose.

foxfire123
05-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Someone please explain the "Stanky Leg" they're always referring to in ORG? :)

LouisvilleCARDS
05-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Too bad Cordero only decides to pitch in a save situation. The rest of the time he takes the night off.

RedsFanInBama
05-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Yep. Cordero mentally zones out if there isn't a save on the line. It's pitiful.

LouisvilleCARDS
05-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Yes! Comeon Reds, no DP, no DP.

LouisvilleCARDS
05-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Do the old hack fake here Hairston.

redsfanmia
05-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Owings is quickly becoming my favorite player, if he would only played left field.

Jack Burton
05-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Bases Loaded, c'mon Janish.

LouisvilleCARDS
05-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Hairston messed up that whole rally. I can't believe how stupid of an AB he had.

Dude Rock
05-10-2009, 05:43 PM
The better team lost. We own the Cards. They were lucky today.

McDonald needs to be sent down.

We won without Votto most of the series, and without BP in game one, and without EE and AGon. Our reserves are gamers.

Cordero has proven that unless it's a save situation, he should not be put in the game. Hopefully Dusty begins to realize this.

We really blew the 9th inning. It was set up perfectly with Votto's walk, and Taveras safely bunted single with Votto safe at second. Couldn't have had a better situation.

Shoulda been a sweep. Coulda been a sweep. But I'll take 2 of 3.

RedLakerFan24
05-10-2009, 05:44 PM
My Lakers get Killed, and the Reds Loose in extras, and i didnt go to church, WOW, worst Mothers Day of All Time

Red Forman
05-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Someone please explain the "Stanky Leg" they're always referring to in ORG? :)

Per Urban Dictionary....

- A dance which originated in Texas consisting of bending ones knees and rotating a leg like a jump rope. It is the lamest dance ever created.

- dance that makes you look stupid by the GS boyz...dance where you stick out your leg and rotate it around.

- Stupid dance, performed mostly by tools who think it's the sh**. Give it 6 months max before everyone realizes how moronic it is, if it's not outright forgotten because of the hype of the next ****ty-ass throw-away dance move - the kind that will embarass your children in 20 years.

Vid....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNW7QdM2Kw8

xavr1
05-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Very rough finish today. But to keep it in perspective, we took 2 of 3 from the Cards and proved we can win even without our best guys. I'm pleased with the weekend and looking forward to taking the Arizona series. Hopefully we keep the pop in our bats and our confidence high out west.

Kingspoint
05-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Yes, amazing that we came through 4-3 on these seven games with the Cards, Brewcrew, and Fish considering half the team had the flu.

Very well done, indeed.

Now, on to the West Coast where the demons of REDS' seasons past haunt the organization.

Would be giddy as can be to go .500 on this road trip.

Redus
05-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Couple things bothered me in the loss. Hairston totally blew that AB. He has to get the frigging bunt down. The other thing is Dickerson...what the hell is he bringing to this team. Bad defense and cant hit anything. He needs to be in the minors soon to work on his game. Bring Gomes up and platoon him with Nix.

Cant Touch This
05-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Back to Owings, here's what Ryan Franklin said after the game: "That's an out anywhere else. That's what happens."

What a pubic hair he is. Make a better pitch instead, ass bag. And hasn't the whole goatee thing jumped the shark? My wife asked me if he is Amish.

foxfire123
05-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Per Urban Dictionary....

- Stupid dance, performed mostly by tools who think it's the sh**. Give it 6 months max before everyone realizes how moronic it is, if it's not outright forgotten because of the hype of the next ****ty-ass throw-away dance move - the kind that will embarass your children in 20 years.

Thank you!

And yes, it does make them look like a complete and total dork. <and THAT'S telling my age there! lol!>

DTCromer
05-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Yep. Cordero mentally zones out if there isn't a save on the line. It's pitiful.

A lot of closers are like that.

Ghosts of 1990
05-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Owings hit would have been the biggest of the season had we hung on to win

SidneySlicker
05-10-2009, 10:09 PM
After this season imo they need to move him to the outfield and get his bat in the lineup every day. There is no way that his production/value as a pitcher/ph can match what it would be as an every day starter in the outfield.

Dude Rock
05-11-2009, 12:07 AM
After this season imo they need to move him to the outfield and get his bat in the lineup every day. There is no way that his production/value as a pitcher/ph can match what it would be as an every day starter in the outfield.

Rick Ankiel says hello.

flash
05-12-2009, 07:58 AM
Wasn't that Mark Cuban that caught Owings' HR. :cool: (I would have thought he would be worried about his Mavs.

UC_Ken
05-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Rick Ankiel says hello.

Exactly, and Owings is nowhere near the pitcher that Ankiel was before he lost it. I will say though that it's a lot different to produce over 500 ABs than it is over 150. Not saying he can't do it, just saying it isn't a given. If Owings proves to be nothing more than a mediocre pitcher we should think about trying it.

Captain Hook
05-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Should we cut Owings a little slack if is ERA is a little high because he helps the team score runs more then other starting pitchers do?He should still eat up some innings being a starter .Wins and losses when he starts should be more important then ERA IMO.If the team can even be close to a .500 record when the 5th starter throws thats huge no matter how it gets done.

Kingspoint
05-12-2009, 04:16 PM
It sucks for Owings that he has to face Dan Haren tonight.

He might have to throw a shutout to win.

xavr1
05-12-2009, 04:24 PM

And he might have to hit another homer too.

krm1580
05-12-2009, 05:15 PM
I don' t think Owings to LF make much sense as things are currently configured.

First of all like UK_Ken said there is a big difference between 150Abs and 500Abs. Right now I don't think pitchers and catcher's have a book on Owings or a plan to attack him like they would someone who is in the lineup every day. (although I am sure that will change if he keeps hitting bombs)

Secondly, I question what the ceiling is of Owings is as a full time hitter if that is all he did. There is a list of players a mile long that were both good college hitters and pitchers, Dave Winfield, John Olerud, Todd Helton etc. and they generally end up being played where they think the will be of more value. Owings was never projected as a top of the rotation starter, so if he was such a great hitter why would they rather him be a middle/back of the rotation starter? Why did such a great hitter last until round 3 of the draft?

I think Owings should stay where he is. I think he is a league average+ #5 starter and provides an intriguing weapon off the bench in a pinch hitting role.

LouisvilleCARDS
05-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Should we cut Owings a little slack if is ERA is a little high because he helps the team score runs more then other starting pitchers do?He should still eat up some innings being a starter .Wins and losses when he starts should be more important then ERA IMO.If the team can even be close to a .500 record when the 5th starter throws thats huge no matter how it gets done.

Agreed. And right now his ERA isn't even as bad as Arroyo's. Also on that Ryan Franklin comment earlier, what a prick. I want to say someone else said something similar earlier this year when we rocked a pitcher, but I can't remember what team it was or who it was, but I remember another sore loser comment like that earlier in the year.

I'm still kinda bugged by the loss knowing we would be tied for first today rather than two games out. That's the one thing about losing games to the first place team, especially chances to sweep. You lose, and the other team wins versus you winning and the other team losing. So if the result were different, thats two games difference.

Benny Red
05-12-2009, 11:09 PM
He's rolling along quite nicely right now...He had quite a few gems for Arizona. It seemed at least once out of every 4-5 starts he would shut a team down.

LouisvilleCARDS
05-12-2009, 11:49 PM
He really shut it down tonight!

defender
05-13-2009, 01:00 AM
Right now, he is pitching better than a #5.

Dude Rock
05-13-2009, 04:09 AM
I think Micah has taken alot of undeserved criticism of his #5 starrts. I was in the camp that wrote this down as a loss tonight just because Haren was pitching. Props to Owings. Great game and props to small ball.

DaytonFlyer
05-13-2009, 07:49 AM
Maybe we should call last night's game "Operation Shutdown".

But then that might offend Derek Bell.

Kingspoint
05-13-2009, 02:11 PM

He had the shutout going (89 pitches through 7 innings) until Dusty had him retaliate. They then took him out after that 1st pitch in the 8th inning.

Would have gone 8 shutout innings, at least, if not for the retaliation.