PDA

View Full Version : Just between us....

UPRedsFan
05-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Don't look now but the Reds are up to 6th in team batting average, and up to 10th in runs scored in the NL. And they are positive by +4 in runs scored vs. runs allowed (when's the last time we could say that?)

Shhh, keep it quiet and maybe no one will notice until playoff time.

Dude Rock
05-13-2009, 05:01 PM
Yep, I've been following their team batting and pitching all season. Pitching is up to 3rd in the NL. Pretty cool to have a top 6 hitting and pitching team in the NL.

cbowen2112
05-13-2009, 05:06 PM
This is amazing! The radio guy for the Rays here in Tampa last year kept saying "this is a magical Summer of baseball" I am leaning towards that saying again for this Reds ball club.

Red in Atl
05-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Yes, keep it very quiet.

Last week it was all over the papers and the broadcasters that Cincy's team ERA was now #1 in baseball. Then we immediately watch Bronson give up 9 runs in the first, and we lose to Milwaukee 15-3.

BTW, what is the deal with Milwaukee in the NL Central? Is anyone else just fed up with this BS? No other 6 team divisions in baseball. Put the Brew Crew back where they came from and move KC to the west. Simple. Done. Screw you Bud!!!

I just get so sick of playing the same teams all the time. I used to get to see the Reds and Braves play about 4 times a year. Now I have to wait till September to get a glimpse of my team, even though I have the MLB package from Comcast. Don't get me wrong, I watch the games, its just that its sometimes hard to tell what team is playing.

Which brings me to the pathetic MLB package. They claim you get Hi-def games all the time. I have yet to see a game in Hi-def on the MLB package in 2 years. Last year I called and called and finally had a chat with the Presidents "Assistant" at Comcast. I got her so riled up regarding the "missleading" adverstising they conduct, she yelled at me.

But never once could she offer up a decent excuse as to why Comcast wasn't responsible for the false claims. I mean I paid Comcast to get the package and they took the order. So how can they claim that they can't control the signals they get and whether they are Hi-def or not. Anyone who claims that we don't have monopolies in the cable industry are ignorant or lying.

Just had to get that off my chest, thank you.

NastyBoy
05-13-2009, 07:00 PM
BTW, what is the deal with Milwaukee in the NL Central? Is anyone else just fed up with this BS? No other 6 team divisions in baseball. Put the Brew Crew back where they came from and move KC to the west. Simple. Done. Screw you Bud!!!

If they did what you are saying there would have an uneven number of teams in the NL and AL. They would have to have interleague play all year round in order to balance the schedule.

But I do think having 6 teams in the central makes it a little less fair because you 6 teams competing for the division instead of 5. The wild card kind of evens that out.

Chris Sabowned
05-13-2009, 08:39 PM
The only way they could move an NL team to the AL is if they decided to do year round interleague play, which every other sport ever does, so I'm not sure that would be a terrible thing. Or they could just contract two teams.

Red in Atl
05-13-2009, 08:52 PM
If they did what you are saying there would have an uneven number of teams in the NL and AL. They would have to have interleague play all year round in order to balance the schedule.

But I do think having 6 teams in the central makes it a little less fair because you 6 teams competing for the division instead of 5. The wild card kind of evens that out.

Didn't even think of that. Thanks for the clarity. Makes it harder to deal with. Or just get rid of a team. They have talked about that before.

Not realistic I know, I just get tired of the Brewers.