PDA

View Full Version : Bailey & Maloney??

Shawn_RedsFan
05-18-2009, 03:34 PM
I just got home not too long ago, and I missed this weekends games but i read the recaps. I saw Masset is probably headed to the DL (if he already is then correct me) and I'm wondering if there is any chance bailey or maloney get called up to make a start/replace Masset..what are your guys' thoughts?

Ghosts of 1990
05-18-2009, 04:17 PM
I think Bailey should have made the roster out of ST. I would like to see him up in place of Masset. I think they'll only do it if Homer can start though; and I think Roenicke will be the guy they bring up. I like Roenicke now better then Lincoln.

It's too bad Masset got hurt. He was honestly looking like one of those special relievers in the game.

Shawn_RedsFan
05-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Ramon Ramirez...ok

Dude Rock
05-18-2009, 07:32 PM
Maloney should be the one brought up. His numbers are ten times better than Bailey's, plus he's a lefty change of pace guy, unlike Bailey who is a righty fastballer with a plus 6.00 e.r.a. in about 18 major league starts.............we already have Volquez and Cueto to fill that role.

Shawn_RedsFan
05-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Maloney should be the one brought up. His numbers are ten times better than Bailey's, plus he's a lefty change of pace guy, unlike Bailey who is a righty fastballer with a plus 6.00 e.r.a. in about 18 major league starts.............we already have Volquez and Cueto to fill that role.

I agree but obviously the Reds don't want either of those guys up here at the moment...Ramon is up

Dude Rock
05-18-2009, 07:43 PM
I agree but obviously the Reds don't want either of those guys up here at the moment...Ramon is up

Actually Ramon started the season poorly but has kicked into gear as of late. He does have experience, unlike Maloney. I'm wondering if they want to keep Maloney's numbers good for trade bait?

Shawn_RedsFan
05-18-2009, 07:47 PM
Yea, I've been watching Ramon's numbers all year but I was just kind of hoping Maloney would get a shot.

EDIT: Good thought on Maloney for trade bait