PDA

View Full Version : The Next 10 games ((MIL STL CHC)) How big is this!>?

bgwilly31
05-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Its still early for a make or break type stretch of games.

But boy this is as close as it gets.

The next 10 games for the reds if all goes well we could be on top of the NL Central, by a long shot. However it could be the exact opposite as well if all goes bad. We could be slammed back down to the dumpster with only a 1 month to recover before the all-star break!

I'd be thrilled with 7-3

I would be ehhh not very inspried about a 5-5.

Anything worse than a 5-5 Than were in trouble.

I havent been this excited for a series of games for the reds for as long as i can remember!

THIS...IS...HUGE!:jump:

WILD THING
05-27-2009, 05:02 PM
I agree, these next games are huge for us if we want to be recognized as legit contenders. While I think a rough stretch wouldn't kill our chances in the NL Central, I still think that anything less than 6-4 could hurt the morale of this team. If they pull off a 7-3 or 8-2 or anything of those sorts, the excitement and momentum of this team could turn into something we haven't seen in Cincy for quite some time.

UPRedsFan
05-27-2009, 05:19 PM
10 games. Everyone pitches twice. That includes a healthy Volquez I trust.

We'll really find out how good this rotation is now! I think 6-4 is very doable. I'll be disappointed with anything short of 6 wins.

Dude Rock
05-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Brewers are struggling.
Cards don't match up well with us.
Cubs are struggling.
Reds are AWESOME!!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!!

defender
05-27-2009, 05:30 PM
First, they need to beat Houston tonight (while they are not playing well). After that, I would be happy with 5-5. It is a tough stretch of games, 7 on the road, and a lot of season afterward. The Reds have proven that they can beat those teams. I think 7-3 is realistic, but I would not be upset with 5-5, and I don't think the team would either.

bgwilly31
05-27-2009, 05:51 PM
First, they need to beat Houston tonight (while they are not playing well). After that, I would be happy with 5-5. It is a tough stretch of games, 7 on the road, and a lot of season afterward. The Reds have proven that they can beat those teams. I think 7-3 is realistic, but I would not be upset with 5-5, and I don't think the team would either.

i almost wish they lose tonight. That way their more likely to go on a 7 game winning streak. And not due to lose. :lol:

reds1869
05-27-2009, 08:33 PM
No matter what happens, the excitement is returning to Cincinnati baseball. This team is teetering on the edge of something special. I hope the front office gives the final push over the hump before the trade deadline and during free agency this winter. We are so close.

Ghosts of 1990
05-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Safe to say this is the biggest 10 game stretch in the past decade

TheBigLebowski
05-27-2009, 09:31 PM
It's big, for sure, but don't get bent out of shape over a 4-6/3-7 type of performance. It's waaaaaay too early for anything to be make-or-break, and the team is due to regress to the norm on the road.

Still, there is no doubt about the fact that Reds Baseball is finally fun and exciting again.

Dude Rock
05-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Brewers lost again. Woo-hoo!!!! I hope their confidence is low.

gedred69
05-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Nice to see a positive thread. Although 6-4 or better over the next 10 is much desired, 5-5 would be acceptable this early in the season. (I just hope Cubbies continue to fall apart so more of their obnoxious fans stay home next weekend). Zambrano shows again why he isn't the best pitcher in all of baseball, even though he should be! What a total psychotic........

Shawn_RedsFan
05-28-2009, 03:28 AM
It's big, for sure, but don't get bent out of shape over a 4-6/3-7 type of performance. It's waaaaaay too early for anything to be make-or-break, and the team is due to regress to the norm on the road.

Still, there is no doubt about the fact that Reds Baseball is finally fun and exciting again.

No one is going to get bent out of shape over a 4-6/3-7 type of performance, because it just isn't going to happen :D

Redlegs Homer
05-28-2009, 03:32 AM
I'll take 6-4 or higher. 6-4 would keep pace with the division and not lose any ground but anything higher could give the Reds the lead in June, something I never would have thought could happen in March.

Shawn_RedsFan
05-28-2009, 03:37 AM
"The Battlin Red Legs" are going 7-3 :thumbup:

2-1 against the Brewers
3-1 against the Cards
2-1 against the cubbies

Fon Duc Tow
05-28-2009, 06:53 AM
"The Battlin Red Legs"

:D Seriously, how many times did Jim Day say that last night?

Zimmers
05-28-2009, 07:13 AM
I want them to go 6-3 but in all honesty I would be happy with 5-5. The biggest challenge IMO will be the Cubbies only for the fact they are gonna get hot sooner or later. The Brew Crew and the O scare me but thats it and JJ Hardy! The Cards POO Hole and that staff are playing way above their heads.

The Reds have the 4th best record in the NL and we are gonna find out a lot about this team in the next few weeks but I am not gonna get all worked up if they bomb either. It's a long way to the end and lots of things can happen between now and October. I find it funny that Brew and Cards were all over ESPN front page the last couple days while the Reds are just doing their thing and a game and half behind! :beerme:

Dude Rock
05-28-2009, 08:40 AM
BrewCrew is struggling. I have high hopes for this weekend, plus Cueto and Harang will be pitching.

xavr1
05-28-2009, 08:57 AM
According to Hal McCoy, this is how big this series is:

If Jay Bruce can roll it up, fold it over and tuck it into a corner of his travel bag, the Cincinnati Reds should be ready to roll on one of the most important trips for them over the past decade.

The past decade? This early? You can bet your Johnny Bench rookie card on that. When a team has had losing seasons for eight straight years, usually by June it is only a matter of which spot in the lower half of the standings they’ll finish.

Manager Dusty Baker was taken aback when somebody said, “First big series on the road for the Reds in years and years.” He said, “This early?” Oh, yeah. This early.

bgwilly31
05-28-2009, 11:12 AM
I think most definitely this early!

Momentum is a very important thing in sports.

Just think of it in reference of a sports in general. This is like the end of the first quarter in football.

How often do you think the the team with a 14-0 lead at that point wins the game. Pretty often. Sure theres a lot of game left to play, But momentum is key.

GO REDS!:redszone:

bgwilly31
06-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Well were halfway through these 10 Exciting games for the reds this season.

So far were 1-4.

And with Volquez and votto out, taveras with a hurt hammy. I would say this team is going to need a miracle to make the playoffs this year.

Starting to smell the roses. :(

bgwilly31
06-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Well now they are 2-4 with 4 games remaining.

Any chance we salvage a 6-4 stretch out of this>?

I doubt it.

But 5-5 is a definite posibility with a win tonight.

Salvaging 5-5 with the injuries this team has put up with would show some serious (WANT).

schmidty622
06-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Harang v. Carpenter is a pretty tough matchup tonight. I think we split the series.

BSUFB
06-04-2009, 12:45 PM
When the Houston series started I thought if we went 7-6 in that series as well as the next three I would be happy. So far 5-4. So if we win tonight we will be ahead of the pace.

bgwilly31
06-05-2009, 03:09 PM
When the Houston series started I thought if we went 7-6 in that series as well as the next three I would be happy. So far 5-4. So if we win tonight we will be ahead of the pace.

Who cares about the houston series>? There in last place. Including that series just adds sprinkles to a pile of a poo.

Fact is against the the teams that mattered were now 2-5 going into the chicago series.

Last night was pathetic attempt at scoring some runs. Harang got extremely lucky to only give up the runs he did.

schmidty622
06-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Who cares about the houston series>? There in last place. Including that series just adds sprinkles to a pile of a poo.

Fact is against the the teams that mattered were now 2-5 going into the chicago series.

Last night was pathetic attempt at scoring some runs. Harang got extremely lucky to only give up the runs he did.

Your right. Those wins shouldn't even count in the standings. :rolleyes:

defender
06-05-2009, 04:37 PM
The two wins on the trip were big. Volquez and Votto play less than 1/2 a game combined, and the Reds make it home only losing one game in the standings.

bgwilly31
06-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Your right. :

yeah i know thanks

BTW reds are whopping 2-6 now un able to go pull .500 now.

Give up a homer to the pitcher and walk in another run. :thumbdown

Im beginning to get very dissapointed. :(

goreds2
06-07-2009, 09:45 PM
:(

bgwilly31
06-07-2009, 10:12 PM
3-7.........:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown

Kingspoint
06-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Yes. That sucked.

But, it's over, and time to move on as we get to feast on Nationals' pitching.

A 3-game sweep of the Nats will help to forget all about thes last 10 games.

We went into the series short-handed and it cost us.

But, one frickin' hit yesterday by any Tom, Dick, or Harry with RISP and we would have won the last two series against the Cards and Cubs, so how bad really was it?

bgwilly31
06-08-2009, 06:24 PM
A sweep would make me feel better thats for sure.

However a series lost to the nationals would make me throw in the towel.

fugowitribe
06-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Can't hang on the past, but did anyone elese scoreboard watch on Sunday and get the realizaton that we could go 4-6 for that stretch and be closer to First than when we started? Good time for a setback IMO no one really did well durin that stretch. Stll just 3 1/2 back from first in what maybe the most competitive division in baseball this year. I'm stll happy.......Now go sweep the Nats'!