PDA

View Full Version : New nominees to the ORG

Ghosts of 1990
05-28-2009, 01:50 AM
One thing I've noticed.....

all these folks getting in are people I've never seen post on here. Anyone else notice that? Name after name and its people that I don't recognize, and I'm on here several times a day and reading into every thread.

I've pretty much figured out that if you post a lot, every now and then you'll make a post that some don't see eye to eye with and that will keep you in the Sun Deck for eternity. Or until the Reds win the series and we all get grandfathered in as part of the celebration. :beerme:

GIDP
05-28-2009, 10:16 AM
Who knows

schmidty622
05-28-2009, 10:30 AM
Who knows

And who cares? As long as I have somewhere to post I am pretty happy.

GIDP
05-28-2009, 10:32 AM

Yea and its not like we are missing out on anything. If anything id just have to create a ignore list for the trolls up top haha.

Ghosts of 1990
05-28-2009, 10:47 AM

Totally agree, but I just have been thinking about it for a while. Obviously you care since you; 1) opened the thread and 2) posted in it. ;)

bgwilly31
05-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Where do you see the people that get in?

xavr1
05-28-2009, 11:25 AM
Administrators post it as a congratulatory announcement. Its above the list of threads.

bgwilly31
05-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Administrators post it as a congratulatory announcement. Its above the list of threads.

U mean a sticky>?

I just looked in the ORG and there are no stickies for that.

GoReds33
05-28-2009, 12:05 PM
U mean a sticky>?

I just looked in the ORG and there are no stickies for that.
No, it's an announcment in the Sun Deck.

camisadelgolf
05-28-2009, 12:39 PM
Maybe it's a good sign that quality reigns over quantity.

schmidty622
05-28-2009, 01:08 PM

And snarkyness over civility, apparently. No real need to take a shot there, in my opinion.

*BaseClogger*
05-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Personally, when I first joined I posted in the Sun Deck as if there were no tomorrow (I think I already had like 800 posts when I joined the ORG) and I got in after about four months. I must have set a record for quickest entry into the ORG or something, and I posted constantly (it was a problem for a while)... :)

Caveat Emperor
05-28-2009, 02:33 PM
And snarkyness over civility, apparently. No real need to take a shot there, in my opinion.

If you have a problem with a post, either report it to a mod (using the "Report Post" button) or take it private with the original poster.

camisadelgolf
05-28-2009, 03:28 PM
It wasn't meant as a shot. I was just trying to point out that it's possibly a good sign if a person doesn't flood the board with posts in an attempt to make herself/himself more noticeable to voters from tORG. It's not like I named names or anything.

GIDP
05-28-2009, 04:31 PM

Which forum are we talking about again?

redsfan1966
05-28-2009, 04:35 PM
I was accepted into the ORG recently (thanks to all for that); but as luck would have it, I recently also have developed computer issues -- so I have been unable to post as much as I would like. Hopefully my sick computer gets well soon.

camisadelgolf
05-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Which forum are we talking about again?
I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at. I just mean that making quality posts, regardless of how few, gives you a better chance of getting elected to tORG as opposed to making a large quantity of posts lacking substance. That's only my opinion, of course.

GIDP
05-28-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at. I just mean that making quality posts, regardless of how few, gives you a better chance of getting elected to tORG as opposed to making a large quantity of posts lacking substance. That's only my opinion, of course.

Maybe I was just confused on which forum you were talking about.

Fon Duc Tow
05-28-2009, 04:51 PM

http://www.gamepolitics.com/images/Vizzini.jpg

"You'd like to think that, wouldn't you?" :D

jmac
05-28-2009, 04:54 PM
I just post when I see something interesting or have an opinion on and that pretty much sums it up.
However one thing about this voting process. It seems the ORG wants to make it similar to the Hall-Of-Fame voting. Well...when the HOF results are announced, they show who got what % of votes.

My propostion would be to not just "say" who wins but show the results of voting. This would show Sundeckers who desire to be in the ORG , how much improvement they have to do to get there.
Only a suggestion but one that I think seems fair.

Boss-Hog
05-28-2009, 05:25 PM
I just post when I see something interesting or have an opinion on and that pretty much sums it up.
However one thing about this voting process. It seems the ORG wants to make it similar to the Hall-Of-Fame voting. Well...when the HOF results are announced, they show who got what % of votes.

My propostion would be to not just "say" who wins but show the results of voting. This would show Sundeckers who desire to be in the ORG , how much improvement they have to do to get there.
Only a suggestion but one that I think seems fair.
Just my opinion, but I don't think publicly advertising when someone fails to get in is such a good idea.

All users who were voted in received at least 70% of no less than 50 total ORG member votes (or a minimum of 35 "Yes" votes).

Captain Hook
05-28-2009, 07:39 PM

all these folks getting in are people I've never seen post on here. Anyone else notice that? Name after name and its people that I don't recognize, and I'm on here several times a day and reading into every thread.

I've pretty much figured out that if you post a lot, every now and then you'll make a post that some don't see eye to eye with and that will keep you in the Sun Deck for eternity. Or until the Reds win the series and we all get grandfathered in as part of the celebration. :beerme:

I have to say that I agree.Many of the people gaining access to the ORG don't seem to be heavy contributors in the Sundeck.There are a few that I have never even seen post.

They can take whoever they want though.I'm ok with sticking around here.

Kingspoint
05-28-2009, 07:50 PM

Or, you could just not care. I don't.

GoReds33
05-28-2009, 09:48 PM
I don't understand the complaints, given that recently the ORG has been voting in members much more leniently than before. I think that I am a good example. I never make the giant posts, but everything that I say in the ORG is something that I firmly believe in, and attempt to backup, when possible, with statistics. I always try to be nice, and I understand where you are coming from. I remember being voted down a couple times, but I eventually got in.

From what I have seen, everyone on the ORG gets a chance to input their opinions on each nominee. Some may fall through the cracks, though most have earned it.

jojo
05-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Personally, when I first joined I posted in the Sun Deck as if there were no tomorrow (I think I already had like 800 posts when I joined the ORG) and I got in after about four months. I must have set a record for quickest entry into the ORG or something, and I posted constantly (it was a problem for a while)... :)

I don't remember the exact conversation in the discussion thread for your vote but I think you mostly got in because ORG members thought you were an extreme professional folk dancer which at the time of the vote seemed pretty rad...

It was either that or the asterisks.... :cool:

Mario-Rijo
05-28-2009, 10:56 PM
I don't remember the exact conversation in the discussion thread for your vote but I think you mostly got in because ORG members thought you were an extreme professional folk dancer which at the time of the vote seemed pretty rad...

It was either that or the asterisks.... :cool:

Yeah it seemed like a good idea at the time.... ;) :p:

*BaseClogger*
05-28-2009, 11:46 PM
Yeah, that or it was the constant use of "..." at the end of each post... :D

texasdave
05-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Yeah, that or it was the constant use of "..." at the end of each post... :D

Leading people to believe something more was coming. Maybe even something of value.....:)

nate
05-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Leading people to believe something more was coming. Maybe even something of value.....:)

I don't think anyone ever thought that!

:cool:

*BaseClogger*
05-29-2009, 01:39 PM
I'll make sure my last post here at RZ ends with a simple period... :)

BLEEDS
05-29-2009, 02:55 PM

I agree.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

camisadelgolf
05-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Brutus the Pimp averages 0.23 posts per day, and of all the people I've voted for, he was my easiest 'yes'. Based on the discussion we've had about him, the other members of tORG seem to feel similarly.

Feel free to check out some of his posts so you can get an idea of what type of poster tORG likes to vote for.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=4437

RedsManRick
05-29-2009, 08:49 PM
Quality, irrespective of quantity.

texasdave
06-03-2009, 02:54 PM
If you want to be elected to ORG simply throw in some facts to back up whatever assertion you are trying to make. Many of the opinions held by members of SunDeck are just as valid as the opinions held by members of ORG. Just take a couple of minutes to find a nugget or two to support whatever opinion it is that you are espousing. That's it. If you state your position clearly and support it, then people will respect that. They may disagree and they may try to shoot holes in your post. But they will still respect your post. One more thing. Don't take people disagreeing with your post on a personal level. Disagree politely. Oh, one more thing. Know when to let things drop. If you have gone back and forth a couple times on a subject then just let it go. Everyone isn't going to have the same opinion on everything concerning baseball in general and the Cincinnati Reds in specific.

::::quietly steps off my soapbox::::

NorrisHopper30
06-07-2009, 01:06 AM
I think my name may be blocking me from the ORG :)

*BaseClogger*
06-07-2009, 02:45 AM

Maybe you should apply... :)

nate
06-07-2009, 10:50 AM

Maybe you should add some asterisks.

texasdave
06-07-2009, 09:41 PM

You have a better chance than if you had the name "WilyTaveras30".