PDA

View Full Version : Strasburg to pitch tonight vs. UVA

Brutus
05-29-2009, 06:06 PM
For you baseball fans that have been hearing so much about Stephen Strasburg, you can view him live for the first time tonight at 7 PM on ESPN Classic. He gets the start in the regional against Virginia.

Thought I'd give folks a heads up. I know I'm looking forward to seeing him live.

spartcock77
05-29-2009, 06:08 PM
That is a pretty tough regional with the #1 team in the country according to the polls in UC Irvine, UVA who just won the ACC tournament, then Strasburg and San Diego State, and not to mention the 4 seed who happens to be defending national champs, Fresno State.

Brutus
05-29-2009, 06:40 PM
That is a pretty tough regional with the #1 team in the country according to the polls in UC Irvine, UVA who just won the ACC tournament, then Strasburg and San Diego State, and not to mention the 4 seed who happens to be defending national champs, Fresno State.

Yes that's a real tough draw. I'm curious how they handle the rotation. Typically, Strasburg has been pitching just every Friday night. Obviously tonight makes sense, but it will be interesting to see if he's able to pitch again later in the regional, should the scheduling allow.

Brutus
05-29-2009, 07:03 PM
For those wondering, because of the rain delay earlier in the Ohio State / Georgia game, the San Diego State game is beginning over on ESPN Classic.

mroby85
05-29-2009, 07:36 PM
He got touched up for a homer, and a couple hits in the 1st.

Brutus
05-29-2009, 07:38 PM
He got touched up for a homer, and a couple hits in the 1st.

He'll learn better selectivity with pitches to start the count and finishing it. Definitely grooved a few of those though.

Brutus
05-29-2009, 09:27 PM
The kid has really settled down since the first inning. He's given up 8 hits through seven innings, though all but one have been singles (the other a homer). However, he's struck out 15 and has zero walks. He's given up a total of two runs.