Phillips
Hernandez
Nix
Gonzalez
Rosales
Hanigan
Arroyo

Bruce in the 2 hole?
Nix has been getting a lot of playing time lately.
The 789 spots don't look like the abyss, which is nice.
Gonzo has batted his way up to the 6 spot.

As we all know though, this game depends on which Arroyo shows up. :beerme:

GIDP
06-02-2009, 05:05 PM
You just know we can have Dickerson drawing those walks and getting on base cloggin em up.

Fon Duc Tow
06-02-2009, 05:09 PM
You just know we can have Dickerson drawing those walks and getting on base cloggin em up.

Taveras
Dickerson
Bruce
Phillips
Hernandez
Gonzalez
Rosales
Hanigan
Arroyo

doesn't look too bad either. :thumbup:

GIDP
06-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Yea sitting Nix for Taveras is equally as bad :laugh:

Fon Duc Tow
06-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Yea sitting Nix for Taveras is equally as bad :laugh:

Actually its Nix for Dickerson but who is counting... :D

GIDP
06-02-2009, 05:15 PM
No actually its not

bgwilly31
06-02-2009, 06:18 PM
He's referring to dickerson being able to play CF.

Im not ready to give up on taveras just yet.

When hes going well he plays a major roll in how this team puts runs on the board.

Edd Roush
06-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Dusty drives me crazy. Dickerson starts to play really well, especially against righties and then he brings in his boy Willy T to play half healthy. By the way, why does Dusty bat righties back to back against lefties. This line-up makes a whole lot more sense against lefties. Dusty could think that Thompson is a lefty. I certainly wouldn't put it past him.

Ghosts of 1990
06-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Dusty drives me crazy. Dickerson starts to play really well, especially against righties and then he brings in his boy Willy T to play half healthy. By the way, why does Dusty bat righties back to back against lefties. This line-up makes a whole lot more sense against lefties. Dusty could think that Thompson is a lefty. I certainly wouldn't put it past him.

I mean, I wouldn't say he was playing really well. Improvement over his first stint, yes. But REALLY well?

Billy_Bearcat
06-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Lead off man on in a 2-2 ball game and what does the manager want Gonzales to do...swing away!!???

Mutaman
06-02-2009, 11:29 PM
It is now official: With Darnell McDonald gone, Willy Taveras has officially become the Red Zoan whipping boy and the source of every problem in the world. Willy joins a list which has included Juan Castro, Jacob Cruz and Corey Patterson. Congradulations Willy.

Edd Roush
06-03-2009, 08:45 AM
I mean, I wouldn't say he was playing really well. Improvement over his first stint, yes. But REALLY well?

He gets on base at a 60 point higher clip than Slick Willy (.378 v .318) and plays much better defense. Remember that catch Chris made on Saturday night? That was phenomenal. I feel like an average defensive centerfielder would have caught that ball that did Arroyo in in the sixth inning. The Taveras experiment is over. Time to deal him, cut him whatever. With the way that Dickerson, Stubbs and Heisey are playing, we have absolutely no need for Willy Taveras. A .318 OBP is disgusting and he does not steal enough bases at a high enough clip for it to matter.