PDA

View Full Version : What about trading for these 2 guys?

fewfirstchoice
06-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Uggla and Hermedia(sp) are 2 guys Walt and the Reds should target. We could play Uggla at third or second and move Phillips to SS (I know Im dreaming on that one). Hermedia could play CF with Nix in left and Bruce in RF. Taveras could be our 4th OF. Heres what we trade to the Marlins.

Reds get: Uggla and Hermedia

Marlins get: EE, Dickerson, Janish, Burton, and Wood

So would you do it and if so do you think the Marlins would?

travisgrimes
06-04-2009, 01:34 PM
i wouldnt ... uggla is terrible at 2nd and Hermedia has never lived up to his hype and plays RF where Bruce will be for the next 20 years... if we are going to make a deal it's going to have to be something like this:

Reds Trade Aaron Harang to the Phillies for Michael Taylor, Carlos Carrasco and a PTBNL

RedLakerFan24
06-04-2009, 01:38 PM
NO, Reds Trade Stubbs, Moloney and Juan Francisco for Matt Holliday

travisgrimes
06-04-2009, 01:43 PM
no way thats even close to enough to get holliday.... it would have to be more like stubbs, francisco, frazier, bailey and a PTBNL and im not willing to deal that much or even what your trading for him especially for a guy who will leave after a 1/2 a season

bgwilly31
06-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Didnt Nix just hit two bombs last night.

I dont get this urgnecy to need to pick up holdiay. We need to be looking at someone like Uggla, A big RH bat that plays third.

Either that or some more pitchers.

Holiday would be a waste imo.

travisgrimes
06-04-2009, 02:17 PM
why would u think uggla could play 3rd? the guy can't even play and average 2nd! He doesn't have the range, arm, or ability to play 3rd

GIDP
06-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Uggla is an outfielder who probably isnt very good at playing outfield.

Jefferson24
06-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Didnt Nix just hit two bombs last night.

Holiday would be a waste imo.

I agree the Reds are better off with what they have now. They don't need to take on a bigger contract for comparable production.

smoke6
06-04-2009, 02:49 PM
David Wright FTW!!!!:p:

bgwilly31
06-04-2009, 03:18 PM
why would u think uggla could play 3rd? the guy can't even play and average 2nd! He doesn't have the range, arm, or ability to play 3rd

Oh sorry. I must be mistaken. I thought 3rd was his everyday position and he just played 2nd when they needed him to.

Well scratch that idea.

But i still like the idea of picking up a RH bat 3rd basemen.

I like gomes, dickerson and nix right now platooning in the OF.

The Voice of IH
06-04-2009, 03:32 PM
I would like Uggla , but chances are we will never get him.

NeilHamburger
06-04-2009, 03:54 PM
How about an old Jason LaRue catcher's mit, a box of balls and the 2008 contract of Norris Hopper for Albert Pujols?

travisgrimes
06-04-2009, 05:43 PM
i still think the best move is to find a good hitting SS who has some decent power... Miguel Tejada, Michael Young, Jhonny Peralta, and Yunel Escobar are all guys who could be available.

Hondo
06-04-2009, 09:11 PM
i still think the best move is to find a good hitting SS who has some decent power... Miguel Tejada, Michael Young, Jhonny Peralta, and Yunel Escobar are all guys who could be available.

#1 Mike Young would be Awesome to get but that is not going to happen because Texas is playing Great...

#2 Miguel Tejada is probably available but not the guy I would want in here...

#3 Jhonny Peralta is a good player but not a "World Beater"

#4 Yunel Escobar is not a 3-5 hitter... We need a Power Guy...

My Solution?

Trade for the Indians OF Grady Sizemore... He can play Left or Center and hit 3rd...

The Voice of IH
06-04-2009, 09:14 PM
we would have to give alot to get him, what do you think the Reds offer would be for sizemore

CincyRed44
06-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Uggla... yuck... OBTW... we already have the reigning GG winner and a solid player at 2b... we have no use for Uggla... Hermida, not sure he'll ever live up to his abilities. As for Holliday... NO THANKS... you send Mr. Moneyball four to six of our top prospects for two months of Holliday, then he goes to FA this winter and we not only lose him, but we also lose our top prospects. Oh, yea we'll get 2 draft picks that will be 5-7 years away... so we would compete in what 2016. That's if those prospects develop, which in most chances are slim

Stay pat..... ONE bat doesn't make this team a contender. There are other glaring weaknesses that need to be dealt with first. ie. SS, 3B to mention a couple. Going after older players such as Michael Young and Miguel Tejada are not a long term solution either. Isn't Young already 35 or 36 and who knows the true age of Tejada. Escobar, the Braves just ripped off the Pirates to get McLouth do you actually think they'd be willing to send their starting SS here. Didn't think so. Now Sizemore would be a player of interest if the Indians actually made him available. He'd be the only player I'd consider putting Stubbs or Heisey in a trade to acquire.

Knee jerk trades are not what this team needs to do. Our farm was bad for many years, we now have something going, don't blow it up and end with a completely barren system again. Patience....

RedLakerFan24
06-05-2009, 05:41 PM
What about Bailey, Stubbs, Franchisco, Roenicke for Mark Derosa and Fausto Carmona, move Owings to the bullpen and use him as an emergency starter

CincyRed44
06-06-2009, 12:21 AM
Bailey, Stubbs, Franchisco, Roenicke for Mark Derosa and Fausto Carmona

Is Grady Sizemore or Cliff Lee in this deal? if not then we are giving up way too much. An aging utility guy and a pitcher that may not recover from arm difficulties. If the Reds send the creme de la creme of our farm system for this type of deal then front office firings need to follow immediately.