PDA

View Full Version : Per Hal Mccoy: Boston Red Sox trying to acquire Adam Dunn

Ghosts of 1990
06-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Was in the most recent post in Mccoy's blog.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/cincinnatireds/entries/2009/06/04/where_do_they_come_up.html

Interesting. Dunn could become quite the hired gun.

GIDP
06-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Hal Mccoy is the last person Id go to for a rumor.

Ghosts of 1990
06-04-2009, 10:27 PM
He's usually right on, sadly.

justincredible
06-04-2009, 10:45 PM
I'd hate to see the Dunner on the Red Sox.

Mutaman
06-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Think if Adam got traded to the Red Sox, he might finally play for a team that finished over .500? Maybe.

GOYA
06-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Think if Adam got traded to the Red Sox, he might finally play for a team that finished over .500? Maybe.

Arizona last year.

GIDP
06-04-2009, 11:37 PM
He's usually right on, sadly.

Name a time hes been right? I cant think of one and I'm actually trying.

Mutaman
06-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Arizona last year.

Well, technically you're right. But considering Arizona was 2 games over when they aquired Adam for the big penant push, and managed to finish, 2 games over, having to win their last 3 to do so, I don't think its something Adam would brag about.

Ghosts of 1990
06-05-2009, 12:16 AM
Name a time hes been right? I cant think of one and I'm actually trying.

If you read him everyday as I do; I've noticed that he'll drop hints on stuff that usually ends up happening.

He'll say someone is going on the DL and thats what the team ends up doing. He'll speculate that someone is going to get the next start (like Maloney this time and Homer a few weekends ago) and they do.

I'm not saying that Dunn is going to Boston is as good as gold, but neither is he. He's saying it's being discussed. I have to think it is.

BluegrassRedleg
06-05-2009, 12:22 AM
I'd like to see this happen for Adam. I hate seeing the guy stuck with the "Natinals." Talk about baseball hell.

GIDP
06-05-2009, 12:26 AM
If you read him everyday as I do; I've noticed that he'll drop hints on stuff that usually ends up happening.

He'll say someone is going on the DL and thats what the team ends up doing. He'll speculate that someone is going to get the next start (like Maloney this time and Homer a few weekends ago) and they do.

I'm not saying that Dunn is going to Boston is as good as gold, but neither is he. He's saying it's being discussed. I have to think it is.

well Id hope he would get those things right, but when it comes to trades, firings, and things of a little bigger magnitude hes pretty much wrong every time.

BluegrassRedleg
06-05-2009, 12:28 AM
well Id hope he would get those things right, but when it comes to trades, firings, and things of a little bigger magnitude hes pretty much wrong every time.

Some of that is fluid-type stuff, though, that can often change by the day. Especially when it comes to trades. It seems like there's a lot of misinformation out there, too, by design.

Slyder
06-05-2009, 12:31 AM
Could you imagaine Dunn with Pesky's Pole for a target?

Zimmers
06-05-2009, 01:33 AM
I would rather see Dunn with the Red Sox than the skanks or dodger blue or any other Nl cotender. This makes a lot of since with big papis decline and the departure of Manny last year. That is and was a lot of offense to replace!

GIDP
06-05-2009, 02:29 AM
Some of that is fluid-type stuff, though, that can often change by the day. Especially when it comes to trades. It seems like there's a lot of misinformation out there, too, by design.

Well if there was an award of reporting miss info he would have won it for the last 50 years or how ever long hes been writing.

Jack Burton
06-05-2009, 02:26 PM
I'd like to see this happen for Adam. I hate seeing the guy stuck with the "Natinals." Talk about baseball hell.

He signed the contract. In the presser I remember him talking about Washington being the ideal fit.

BluegrassRedleg
06-05-2009, 02:34 PM
He signed the contract. In the presser I remember him talking about Washington being the ideal fit.

True. But how many options did he have? I don't think there were many takers for the kind of money his numbers commanded.

defender
06-05-2009, 04:39 PM

a lot smarter than julian tavarez' ugly girl at closing time comment.

blark11
06-05-2009, 04:42 PM

He voluntarily signed there....

Ghosts of 1990
06-05-2009, 05:34 PM
The reason he went to Washington was because Jim Bowden did him a favor in signing him. It's no secret. Bowden got Dunn a contract he couldn't get anywhere else. When Bowden got fired, it's like when an NFL team drafts a QB and that current GM and Coach get fired. Dunn's biggest fan in that front office is now gone. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't last the life of the contract. And his legacy now might always be just that he's a guy who plays for team after team and hits homers.

If only he'd signed here for a reasonable value. He could have ended up a legend here.

texasdave
06-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Big Papi not hitting? No problem. Just go out and get you an Adam Dunn. Life in baseball's fast lane.

DTCromer
06-05-2009, 06:04 PM
He voluntarily signed there....

Touche.

And I can't wait to see him get obliterated by the Boston media when he constantly swings and misses with 2 runners on and 2 outs.

Zimmers
06-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Touche.

And I can't wait to see him get obliterated by the Boston media when he constantly swings and misses with 2 runners on and 2 outs.

I was and still am a big Dunn fan but also knew he had major deficienies. I believe that lineup and ball park would make him a better hitter. He will always k a ton but he can change a game with one swing of a bat.