PDA

View Full Version : Game thread question...

kaldaniels
06-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Not my website I know, but I appreciate the big dogs in here always being receptive to feedback...so here goes...

I am completely on board with the mods being the one who starts a game thread, but is there a reason why it is locked until the game starts after lineups are posted. Yeah I know chat is there but I like many I enjoy the game thread better. I'd love to get a feel for who is on the thread that night and to discuss the upcoming game/lineups/etc...just a question I find myself wondering quite a bit.

Thanks for all you do mods

paintmered
06-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Back in the day, users would race each other to see who could start the game thread the soonest. It became common to have six game threads before the first pitch with the first one created 12 hours before game time.

It's to avoid that.

kaldaniels
06-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Back in the day, users would race each other to see who could start the game thread the soonest. It became common to have six game threads before the first pitch with the first one created 12 hours before game time.

It's to avoid that.

Oh absolutely and that is needed...I was wondering about why it gets started...then locked...then started back up.

Boss-Hog
06-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Oh absolutely and that is needed...I was wondering about why it gets started...then locked...then started back up.
In short, to avoid having endless lineup bashing/critiquing for hours and hours before a game even starts. We used to allow this to occur and regardless who was the manager, that's all it was - more or less the same thing each and every day. Since that type of dialogue is not consistent with the site's ideology, we made the decision a few seasons back to open them shortly before the game.

kaldaniels
06-10-2009, 10:26 PM
In short, to avoid having endless lineup bashing/critiquing for hours and hours before a game even starts. We used to allow this to occur and regardless who was the manager, that's all it was - more or less the same thing each and every day. Since that type of dialogue is not consistent with the site's ideology, we made the decision a few seasons back to open them shortly before the game.

Thats cool...like I said, just curious. Thanks Boss.

redsfandan
06-11-2009, 05:02 AM
I'm just curious, when are the game threads open for postings by members?

Boss-Hog
06-11-2009, 06:37 AM
I'm just curious, when are the game threads open for postings by members?
They should be opened by a moderator shortly before the start of the game.

nate
06-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Not to hijack but it would be cool if there was a designated PBP "guy" in each GT. It would also be cool if the PBP guy could post in a different/bolded/colored font so one could scan down the page and read each play. Finally, the pinnacle of coolness would be a big line or some sort of indicator that shows the close of each half inning with the score.

paintmered
06-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Not to hijack but it would be cool if there was a designated PBP "guy" in each GT. It would also be cool if the PBP guy could post in a different/bolded/colored font so one could scan down the page and read each play. Finally, the pinnacle of coolness would be a big line or some sort of indicator that shows the close of each half inning with the score.

You just volunteered for the job. :)