PDA

View Full Version : 6/10/09 - Reds vs. Nationals

Pages : 1 2 [3]

dsmith421
06-11-2009, 09:33 AM
I think since you seldom see such a play, that a baserunner being frozen might not seem like such a far fetched idea.

I think this is right. Bruce's primary instinct in that case is not to be meat at the plate. He's really not wrong. Belliard ought to be applauded for a heads-up play.

cumberlandreds
06-11-2009, 09:51 AM
It all goes back to my original question:

Why, short of a hurricane blowing over the field, do you bring the tarp out in the bottom of the 9th with a runner on?

Very nearly that. That storm hit my house about 30 minutes before. Heavy rain and lightening. It knocked out my satellite so that was the end of the evening for me. I knew if that storm headed for DC they would have to stop the game unless they finished it first.

cumberlandreds
06-11-2009, 09:59 AM
I didn't read the beginning of this thread, but why is Kearns not starting? Is Dukes the full time starter now?

Kearns is just pitiful now. When the Nats finally release him he will likely be done as an MLB player. Dukes has some really good talent and if he keeps his head on straight could be a very good one for the Nats.

HokieRed
06-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Kearns is just pitiful now. When the Nats finally release him he will likely be done as an MLB player. Dukes has some really good talent and if he keeps his head on straight could be a very good one for the Nats.

I want no part of either. Does it say anything that the organization that has these guys is 15-42?

Sea Ray
06-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Am I stupid to ask this question? Why does Codero seem to have so much trouble throwing strikes in a game. Is he throwing balls on purpose hoping to get hitters to fish? I mean, he just mystifies me.

I'd love to know Cordero's percentage of hitters he gets in a 3 ball count. It seems like 75% of hitters he faces eventually get 3 balls on them, usually 3-2. It drives me nuts. He ought to know that (other than Reds hitters) if a team is down 2 or 3 runs they'll take pitches like crazy in order to get base runners.

traderumor
06-11-2009, 10:36 AM
I'd love to know Cordero's percentage of hitters he gets in a 3 ball count. It seems like 75% of hitters he faces eventually get 3 balls on them, usually 3-2. It drives me nuts. He ought to know that (other than Reds hitters) if a team is down 2 or 3 runs they'll take pitches like crazy in order to get base runners.Coco mystifyingly nibbles after he gets two strikes. The dude can throw 95+ and nibbles on the outside corner at the knees when he could just throw a chest high heater that they would chase and not be able to catch up to.

BRM
06-11-2009, 10:47 AM
I want no part of either. Does it say anything that the organization that has these guys is 15-42?

Yes. It says they have an absolutely pitiful pitching staff.

_Sir_Charles_
06-11-2009, 10:53 AM
I didn't stay up to listen to the end of the game, but I'm glad we won. I've been okay with the majority of Dusty's decisions this year, but bringing Cordero back out after a 2+ hour delay...yep, bad, bad, BAD decision. Only saving grace is that we won. Of course it cost Cueto a well deserved win though.

traderumor
06-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Yes. It says they have an absolutely pitiful pitching staff.The funny thing is that they are now starting to pitch a little with some new faces in the bullpen but have stopped hitting.

nate
06-11-2009, 10:59 AM
I didn't stay up to listen to the end of the game, but I'm glad we won. I've been okay with the majority of Dusty's decisions this year, but bringing Cordero back out after a 2+ hour delay...yep, bad, bad, BAD decision. Only saving grace is that we won. Of course it cost Cueto a well deserved win though.

That's OK because Cueto got one on Tuesday!

:cool:

_Sir_Charles_
06-11-2009, 02:06 PM
That's OK because Cueto got one on Tuesday!

:cool:

LOL. Man, that WAS a long game....I forgot who started. :O) I meant Harang...D'OH!