PDA

View Full Version : How about dealing with the White Sox?

fewfirstchoice
06-16-2009, 12:03 PM
The White Sox are looking for pitching. Why not deal Arroyo(preferred) or Harang(will get more out of him) to them. We could get a decent package out of one of them.

CySeymour
06-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Deal them for who?

bellhead
06-16-2009, 12:26 PM
We will need to see where we are at when Votto returns. Some tough decisions will need to be made as the Reds in 2 to 3 years are likely to be the team to beat in the Central. Why would Harang or Arroyo go, well we have 3 pitchers coming up in the next 2 to 3 years along with the #1 pick this year. Let's look at them.

Baily is making some noise now down in AAA, as I think the light has went on for him. He has really dominated in his last 3 starts, this coincides with him dropping his change up and going to a splitter/sinker pitch. This allows him to keep the ball low and pound the zone. The Clippers on Friday were very complementary in their praise saying it was a dominant performance and he was the best they had seen all year. He went 8 2/3 with one run allowed.

Travis Wood at AA has also seen the light this year and has a 1.11 ERA. A ton of buzz about him. He is a lefty also.

Stewart since being promoted to AA has allowed one run this month. He has a plus fastball and a plus slider. Just nasty, he was converted from a reliever to a starter this year and is excelling, 2011 he should be ready.

Lieke, we might not see him this year, he should start next year either at high A or AA.

For Harang I would want 3 of the 4 players offered for Peavy, for Arroyo I would want two of them.

The reason for Harang is still a dominant starter top 10 to 15 in the game, he strikes out a lot of guys, eats innings, and doesn't have a history of injuries.

Arroyo is a good 3/4 guy he eats innings and no injury history.

I would hold out for a club which has a 10 to 12 year starter at SS in the minors and would try to get them.

nemesis
06-16-2009, 06:14 PM
I would hold out for a club which has a 10 to 12 year starter at SS in the minors and would try to get them.

Problem is there are not that may teams that have that guy in the minors. If they have that guy, it's less than likely they are willing to give him up. Hell it took a Beckett and a Lowell to get Handley Ramierez. Be like us giving up Phillips and Cueto. Texas "might" give up Andrus for a Harang/Cozart package but is Andrus worth our #1 starter?