PDA

View Full Version : Sosa Tested Positive in 2003

steig
06-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Read this in the Old Red Gaurd originally,

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4264062

Sosa probably just didn't understand the steroid rules and testing procedures because they were in English.

mroby85
06-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Read this in the Old Red Gaurd originally,

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4264062

Sosa probably just didn't understand the steroid rules and testing procedures because they were in English.

haha this doesn't surprise me at all. I thought he seemed fake when he played. He was just one of those guys that were "too nice". I also saw him on a Fox pregame once and he was completely rude to a little kid that won something and got to follow him around for the day. Never cared for him much after that show.

Carin4Narron
06-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Bud Selig needs to go!

foxfire123
06-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Are we surprised? Not in this house.

corwinator3407
06-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Are we surprised? Not in this house.

No surprise here either.

LouisvilleCARDS
06-16-2009, 10:31 PM
I thought it was widely assumed he took them anyway. I've heard of other reports in the past about him. Maybe he flew under the radar before behind McGuire and Bonds and guys like that, but I never considered him "clean." Especially when he came back to the Rangers a while back, the guy obviously spent the entire offseason juicing and when he came back and had to start testing, he was clean by then.

FlyerFanatic
06-16-2009, 10:35 PM
was he gonna get in the HOF after the corking incident? was that weak excuse of a "batting practice" swap really going to fly?

i knew once i heard that quote from a few weeks back of "i will anxiously wait my induction into the hall of fame" was gonna seal his fate. i bet once he said that every journalist in the nation was looking into digging the steroid tests up.

Captain Hook
06-16-2009, 11:24 PM
I just got a really stupid idea.Normally I just keep these to myself but for some reason I can't help myself tonight.

People often talk about taking HRs away or not counting stats all together for the guys that juiced.Since it is looking more and more like just about every one was juicing at some point during the last 10 to 15 years why not reward the guys that weren't.

I don't know of any good way you could possibly do that but I'll throw this out there. Using Griffey as an example I think you could add around 10 HRs per season.If you did that for the last 15 year then that would give Jr. 767 HRs.That would make him the new all-time home run king.I would feel a little better about all of this crap then.

Ghosts of 1990
06-17-2009, 01:35 AM
He might have tested in 2003, but he was juicing in 1999 and before. You don't hit 20 home runs in a month. Some things just aren't possible to do clean on a baseball field. That was one of them. To think that really happened.

Slyder
06-17-2009, 02:59 AM
To steal a line from my nephew's favorite movie...

Now theres a big surprise. Im going to have a heart attack and die from not surprised.

Roush's socks
06-17-2009, 03:33 AM
Eventually all the names from the 2003 list will come out. Juicing was going on already in the 70's, so who knows how many player's accomplishments were drug-fueled. It wasn't really considered cheating in baseball before the McGwire Andro locker room scandal. At that point he had banned substances right out in his locker and had never even though about getting in trouble for it. I think you can speculate that 70's and 80's sluggers did some steroids as part of their weight lifting programs. They go together. It seems a little arbitrary to come in now and ban Bonds-Clemens-Sosa-McGwire from the HOF because they were "roiders." That is like pretending that using PED'S hasn't been a part of baseball for a long time. Back in the 50's and 60's players did greenies. And in the 30's Shirley Temple was popping amphetamines, so I'm sure that pro athletes like Gehrig and Foxx might have too.

PTI (pti)
06-17-2009, 01:41 PM
On a scale of 1-100 (100 being "completely astonished," and 1 being "Clay Aiken comes out of the closet"), Sosa being outed as a steroid user is a 2. At best.

Nobody in baseball history, imo, benefitted more from PEDs than Sosa. And never was it more obvious than the 2002 Home Run Derby (Miller Park), where Sosa pretty much went into roid rage right there on camera between plate appearances.

mlh1981
06-17-2009, 10:48 PM
I always hated Sosa. Very selfish guy who only cared about himself and his personal statistics, which is a big reason why the Cubs didn't have much success with him. Most of his teammates hated him and his loud @ss music in the clubhouse, and the way he left the team high and dry in his final year showed what kind of self centered punk he really was. I LOL'ed when I heard they smashed his stereo to pieces in the clubhouse.

I'm glad this prima donna is getting what he deserved.

bounty37h
06-18-2009, 10:34 AM
F Sosa, and F congress for wasting any more time and money on this crap.