PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating

Zoso
06-17-2009, 06:13 PM
Hi, Sox fan here -- headed to GABP on Saturday. Just need some info on the tailgating sitch. I assume you can tailgate in at least one lot. If so, which? If not, where to hang out pre-game? Never been to Cincy.

Look out for me on Saturday. I'm 8 feet tall with a shock of white hair and arms like tree trunks.

Thanks!

Yoda
06-17-2009, 06:30 PM
is tailgating :thumbup:
or
:thumbdown

in the QUEEN City

:eek:

BearcatShane
06-17-2009, 06:55 PM
The lot between PBS and GABP would probably be the best place.

WILD THING
06-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Gameday is a bar on the other side of US Bank Arena which is located right next to Great American Ballpark. They have pretty decent appetizers and drink specials on game days. That place will be worth checking out if you don't end up tailgating.

Zoso
06-17-2009, 07:08 PM
Not sure what the plans are yet, but I prefer tailgating. The lot between the two parks looks like it would work if it's allowed.

Boston Red
06-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Not sure what the plans are yet, but I prefer tailgating. The lot between the two parks looks like it would work if it's allowed.

We always tailgated in the lots next to the stadium when we were going to the games growing up. We got a lot of strange looks, but no one ever tried to stop us. I assume you would encounter the same.

Zoso
06-17-2009, 08:53 PM
So it's not a tailgating city. I thought so. Kind of strange.

Maybe I'll just go to a restaurant and order a horse.

WILD THING
06-17-2009, 10:04 PM
So it's not a tailgating city. I thought so. Kind of strange.

It is during football season. For some reason people would rather drink at the bars before baseball games down here. Probably to avoid the heat/humidity for as long as possible before heading into the stadium.

Yoda
06-17-2009, 11:09 PM
What's up with those various chili things you guys have at the park.

GoReds33
06-18-2009, 12:00 AM
What's up with those various chili things you guys have at the park.Cincinnati is known for it's chili. I personally love it.

As for tailgating, I think that a big reason that tailgating is not used is because of the Banks Project. Currently, the large area next to the ballpark is under construction. It was planned to have restraunts, and other things that people going to the sporting events could enjoy before and after games. It's just been delayed so much that it's just now getting started. The Bengals also have more open parking lots that are close to the stadium. The Reds rely more on parking garages. The lot mentioned earlier is close enough to Paul Brown Stadium that many use it for tailgating for football.

reds1869
06-18-2009, 08:29 AM
What's up with those various chili things you guys have at the park.

Cincinnati chili is unlike anything you've ever had. As a non-native I can tell you it is more enjoyable if you leave behind all pre-conceived notions of what "chili is" before you try it. I will also say that Skyline may be the most popular, but it is nowhere near the best.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_chili (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_chili)

morande
06-18-2009, 09:23 AM
People get rowdy in the parking lot in front of game day cafe. Go there if you want to tailgate. Be the EARLY becuase it fills up quick.

Yoda
06-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Zoso let us meet underneath the big 1919 World Champs banner on the main concourse.

Degenerate39
06-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Zoso let us meet underneath the big 1919 World Champs banner on the main concourse.

Will you be the little green man? :p:

*BaseClogger*
06-19-2009, 12:24 AM

Kinda ironic for White Sox fans, isn't it? :D

Zoso
06-24-2009, 02:04 AM
We gave you that WS! Gave it to you!

We ended up getting into town at about 6 so we just parked in the eastern garage that has a catwalk into the park. Now that's convenience. Only 12 bucks, too. Unheard of.

GABP is better than Miller in all aspects, which I'd gone to the week before. Thank god we won that one because we drove back home after the game. I never realized how close Cincy was. I'll probably come back next matchup, but I'll have to see two and stay overnight. Then I'll need to bump this thread and ask about the night life.

*BaseClogger*
06-24-2009, 09:36 PM
We gave you that WS! Gave it to you!

We ended up getting into town at about 6 so we just parked in the eastern garage that has a catwalk into the park. Now that's convenience. Only 12 bucks, too. Unheard of.

GABP is better than Miller in all aspects, which I'd gone to the week before. Thank god we won that one because we drove back home after the game. I never realized how close Cincy was. I'll probably come back next matchup, but I'll have to see two and stay overnight. Then I'll need to bump this thread and ask about the night life.

I am so glad you agree with me about Miller Park. Bias aside, GABP is a million times better than Miller Park. The atmosphere is much more focussed around baseball (which is more of an indictment of Miller Park than an endorsement of GABP). I like The Cell better too, but it's still not as cool as GABP! ;)