PDA

View Full Version : Starting to get concerned about Masset

BluegrassRedleg
06-21-2009, 03:54 PM
What's going on with him lately? Just a bad stretch or something more serious? His location is horrible, and his velocity seems to be down too. I think this is four games in a row where he's given up a run after being almost untouchable before June.

TC81190
06-21-2009, 04:05 PM
He hit 97 at least 3 times last night, so his velocity is fine.

Shawn_RedsFan
06-21-2009, 04:08 PM
What's going on with him lately? Just a bad stretch or something more serious? His location is horrible, and his velocity seems to be down too. I think this is four games in a row where he's given up a run after being almost untouchable before June.

Yea I was wondering the same thing, Im assuming it is just a bad stretch nothing serious but why is Dusty putting him in there today when he has been struggling and it is a close ballgame??

mac624
06-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Looks like just a bad stretch. He's not getting the ball down in the zone like he was a week or so ago. Probably just needs a little mechanical adjustment. He was around 95 to 96 both last night and today, so he's okay on velocity end.

OesterPoster
06-22-2009, 11:04 AM
With it being his former team, I think Masset was overthrowing too much...thus leaving too many of his pitches up in the zone.

TheBigLebowski
06-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Way too many pitches up in the zone. Velocity is fine. I'm sure the problems can be fixed.

Stamford
06-22-2009, 03:20 PM
In fairness, this is also a bit of the ol' "regression to the mean" going on in all likelihood. He just isn't as good as he has been to date...nor is he as bad as he has been in the last several appearances. However, in the end, he will probably be just about "right" (i.e., numbers should be where you would expect them to be...maybe better considering the crazy good start) in the end.