PDA

View Full Version : How many horrible starters are going to beat the Reds this year?

BluegrassRedleg
06-26-2009, 11:42 PM
One of the most disappointing things about the offensive struggles this year (IMO) is the Reds often look the same whether they're facing Johan Santana or someone completely ridiculous like Sowers tonight. It's as if the pitcher's skill level is totally irrelevant.

They've lost a week's worth of games this year to the following yokels: Maholm, Looper (twice :rolleyes:), Parra, Hochevar (:rolleyes: x infinity), Davies and now Sowers. And the games haven't even been competitive. Totally shut down.

redram
06-27-2009, 12:04 AM
This team does not know how to face ML pitching. They hack and swing and get themselves into a hole every time. Cleveland is one of the highest teams in baseball for giving up walks yet we are swinging for the fences like no tomorrow. This team was fun to watch a couple of mths ago, now it is just painful to watch. The way Jay Bruce, and Brandon Phillips are going is just unreal. Could this be lack of coaching. It has to be IMO. And if we are buyers like another thread states, then when are we going to start. We are 1/2 game ahead of The Astros now and sinking fast. No Offensive and the pitching is suffering as well. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

TC81190
06-27-2009, 12:11 AM
Hochevar has a lot of talent, not sure I'd call him a yokel as much as I would just inexperienced, but for the most part, yeah.

Ghosts of 1990
06-27-2009, 06:48 AM
Sowers has been beaten like a snare drum by every team in the league.

One thing I've noticed about this current group, is they absolutely get pasted this season when they get beat. Like, no in between. They just get absolutely hammered in a loss.

TheBigLebowski
06-27-2009, 07:42 AM
It's as if the pitcher's skill level is totally irrelevant.

Great take right there. The opposing pitcher's skill level is totally irrelevant. It really is.

As to your original question, the answer is, "How many horrible starters do you think we'll face?"

Jack Burton
06-27-2009, 11:26 AM
I remember after the first game of the year, there were many that said not to worry because we faced Santana.... Seems like we are facing Santana every night.

Jack Burton
07-01-2009, 12:15 AM
As to be expected, Haren murdered us tonight. He's no Sowers but he's ok. ;)