PDA

View Full Version : Elijah Dukes

Royals Fan
07-01-2009, 12:00 PM
I think he would be nice addition- He leads the league in runners thrown out with 10- if I recall.

Dukes was optioned to Triple-A Syracuse on Wednesday, the Associated Press reports.

Spin: The move allows Nyjer Morgan and Sean Burneyy to be added to the 25-man roster. Dukes had been steadily losing playing time since being activated from the disabled list on June 2. He bat just .198 for the month of June with two home runs and six RBI.

cbowen2112
07-01-2009, 12:05 PM
I think he would be nice addition- He leads the league in runners thrown out with 10- if I recall.

Dukes was optioned to Triple-A Syracuse on Wednesday, the Associated Press reports.

Spin: The move allows Nyjer Morgan and Sean Burneyy to be added to the 25-man roster. Dukes had been steadily losing playing time since being activated from the disabled list on June 2. He bat just .198 for the month of June with two home runs and six RBI.

I've said it before, he beats women. No thanks.:thumbdown

BEETTLEBUG
07-01-2009, 12:07 PM
A change of scenery might help.Maybe Lincoln? Just being funny he on DL and would not want him.

GIDP
07-01-2009, 12:09 PM
He is simply too injury prone for me to want him. I cant count on him being on the field.

aubashbrother
07-01-2009, 12:27 PM
id take him in a heartbeat . tons of potential and he could thrive in GABP

bounty37h
07-01-2009, 12:31 PM
He's too much Bengal, not great, or even decent character. They are still trying to clean up his messes and beaten women here in Durham from his AAA stint with the Bulls couple years ago. I wouldnt let him in GABP as a visiting player without security following his every move let alone in as a player on our team.

Royals Fan
07-01-2009, 12:31 PM
I think he would Great with Dusty as his manager- People compared him to Milton Bradley with his baseball skills. I admit he is head case but We need good Right hand hitter- he fits the bill at a low cost.

bounty37h
07-01-2009, 12:33 PM
people compared him to Bradley cause they are both a lil off their rocker. Not a good mix for any team IMO

BEETTLEBUG
07-01-2009, 12:50 PM
I think he would be ok but I think like a few others on here they need to look for a Shortstop.

Griffey012
07-01-2009, 02:25 PM
I would be all for him if we keep him in AAA a bit or wait until the offseason to make a deal. He is young enough to be able to change unlike Bradley's tired act time and time again. And he has a load of talent which you can never have too much of.

BigPoppa
07-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Dude is poison in the clubhouse. No thanks. :thumbdown

JayBruce
07-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Dude is poison in the clubhouse. No thanks. :thumbdown

You've played with him?

mlh1981
07-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Bad character, great upside. If you perform, noone cares about your character, or if they do, they don't very much. That's the way the sports world works.

travisgrimes
07-02-2009, 12:27 AM
Elijah Dukes compared to Milton Bradley on the field? Dukes has 10 times the raw talent that Milton Bradley had... Dukes will hit for more power, has a WAY better throwing arm and is very good with RISP. I would love to have Dukes on this team because of his youth and his potential to be a monster bat in the lineup from the right side. And right now it wouldn't take much more than two mid-level prospects to get him, if even that.

Plus Plus
07-02-2009, 01:28 AM
Elijah Dukes is a tremendous baseball talent, but his baggage makes me apprehensive to have him wear Cincinnati Red. He has been arrested multiple times for serious crimes (see- assault, battery, statutory rape), and he is a lazy defender in left (from my own opinion on multiple games I have been to against the Nats)- I have seen him make at least two terrible plays on fly balls.

Pass.

roby
07-03-2009, 12:37 AM
Why are several of you guys talking like Tonto? :confused:

schmidty622
07-03-2009, 08:51 AM
I take the chance on him. He'll be coming to a team controlled by Votto, Bruce, Phillips, Harang, etc. He won't have the leverage in the clubhouse to be a distraction.

And one thing that Dusty does well is manage personalities.

Royals Fan
07-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Dusty worked with Jeff Kent and Matt Williams and Barry Bonds in the same clubhouse. I think Elijah would flourished here in cincy.

GIDP
07-03-2009, 11:17 AM
His mental make up doesnt bother me at all. Its his constant DL trips.

Royals Fan
07-03-2009, 11:28 AM
You right he goes to the dl alot but I think get him now and I do believe it would be like brandon phillps all over again. Just my opinoned.