PDA

View Full Version : Why Burton?

bleedsred
07-02-2009, 12:02 AM
Why was Burton sent down instead of a guy like Richar? I really don't get the move today...:confused: Hasn't Burton been effective lately?? Why not send Fisher down or do you think the Reds are showcasing some guys for possible trades??

GIDP
07-02-2009, 12:05 AM
because they are carry too many pitchers as it is and Richar has to stay up because Dusty has found his new man crush.

CySeymour
07-02-2009, 09:12 AM
They probably also felt they were carrying too many pitchers. Fisher seems to be the only one Dusty will leave out there for 2 innings, so he needed to stay, and I guess they wanted to get a longer look at Roenicke(sp)

mroby85
07-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Burton has been pathetic this year imo, I have no problem with him being sent down. Not only does it have a high ERA, but just from watching it seems like every time he inherits runners he makes sure all of them score. Good thing we didn't unload CoCo and make him our closer like some wanted :D lol

kfm
07-02-2009, 08:20 PM
They needed to send a pitcher down. Roenicke and Fisher have pitched well and Burton has not. Burton's results have been better of late but I am sure they see some things they want him to work on because he has not been the same pitcher this year. They will need him to be right down the stretch because when he is right he is dominating. If you remember he was actually sent down before though he never left because of an injury. He will be back.