PDA

View Full Version : Rank the needs of the REDS, SunDeck style...

Kingspoint
07-02-2009, 07:03 PM
Saw this thread over there, and thought it was a good time for that thread.

My rankings:

#1 Dusty turned to dust and swept away.

#2 See #1.

mroby85
07-02-2009, 07:12 PM
#1 A bat for Dusty to use.

#2 New management if they don't get Dusty a bat when it's so obvious that's what they need while the fans continue to blame him even though they're overachieving, and playing harder than they have in years for him.

kfm
07-02-2009, 07:30 PM
#1 A bat for Dusty to use.

#2 New management if they don't get Dusty a bat when it's so obvious that's what they need while the fans continue to blame him even though they're overachieving, and playing harder than they have in years for him.

Didn't you read the rules you are only allowed to blame Dusty on Sun Deck. You cannot give him credit under any circumstance and you must finish or start every sentence with "he is the only manager in baseball who would do this." Did you know Dusty is the cause of global warming and the second shooter on the grassy knoll.

1. They need an actual left fielder who can play every day.
2. They need a shortstop who can hit, they don't have one on the roster.

Mutaman
07-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Didn't you read the rules you are only allowed to blame Dusty on Sun Deck. You cannot give him credit under any circumstance and you must finish or start every sentence with "he is the only manager in baseball who would do this." Did you know Dusty is the cause of global warming and the second shooter on the grassy knoll.

1. They need an actual left fielder who can play every day.
2. They need a shortstop who can hit, they don't have one on the roster.

Nonsense. This organization is just loaded with talent, so the fact that we are only one game over .500, and 21/2 out is a disgrace. If we only had a real manager, we could be doing as well as the Mets or the Cubs. If Baker would only bat ( fill in blank) in the number (fill in blank) spot in the line up, we would have clinched the division by now.

DTCromer
07-02-2009, 08:04 PM
1. Leadoff hitter
2. Another "good" starter
3. Whatever position we don't use as leadoff hitter.

Preferably, I'd like to see Stubbs in CF to begin next year and then a filler at SS until hopefully Cozart is called up.

will5979
07-02-2009, 09:45 PM
1. Make a move for a power hitting RH bat-something that could have been taken care off in the offseason
2. Don't given up too much on the move-once again a situation that could have been taken care of in the offseason
3. Spend money in the upcoming offseason
4. Spend more money in the upcoming offseason
5. Spend EVEN more money in the upcoming offseason

The ONLY way to put together a good ballclub in MLB is to actually SPEND MONEY. Something the Reds obviously forget how to do since Marge sold the team to that crazy old fart that had them a few years back. Now we have some crazy delusional tightwaded ******bag that actually thinks this team will win without spending money.

Old NDN
07-02-2009, 09:48 PM
1. A middle of the order hitter. Preferrably one that can play LF,3B, and not named EE.
2. Let Janish play. He won't hit much worse that any of the other candidates and with another bonafide hitter in the lineup, it won't be as glaring.

kfm
07-02-2009, 09:50 PM
1. Make a move for a power hitting RH bat-something that could have been taken care off in the offseason
2. Don't given up too much on the move-once again a situation that could have been taken care of in the offseason
3. Spend money in the upcoming offseason
4. Spend more money in the upcoming offseason
5. Spend EVEN more money in the upcoming offseason

The ONLY way to put together a good ballclub in MLB is to actually SPEND MONEY. Something the Reds obviously forget how to do since Marge sold the team to that crazy old fart that had them a few years back. Now we have some crazy delusional tightwaded ******bag that actually thinks this team will win without spending money.

You have to spend money wisely. Small market teams need to develop their own and then spend money or make trades to add the piece you are missing. If it was just about spending money, the Yankees would have won a world series in the last 5 years.

schmidty622
07-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Word is Escobar the SS for Atlanta is on the block. I'd explore that possibility.

Roush's socks
07-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Bring up Stubbs and put him in CF. Keep platooning Gomes/Nix in LF. Hope Bruce starts to hit. If EE returns at 3B that could help. If not that should be the spot they try to fill.

Ghosts of 1990
07-02-2009, 11:37 PM
#1 I'm beginning to think Baker isn't a good fit for these in-experienced young players (whether he's a nice man or not.

#2 better lineups. Tavares in leadoff is a joke and hitting Bruce 7th, protected by AGon, Janish, and Richar does nothing to support a young hitter.

#3 Add a bat. At least one. A guy who could put up numbers in our park in the second half. Do something to give this team a shot in the arm.

Plus Plus
07-03-2009, 12:31 AM
#1 I'm beginning to think Baker isn't a good fit for these in-experienced young players (whether he's a nice man or not.

#2 better lineups. Tavares in leadoff is a joke and hitting Bruce 7th, protected by AGon, Janish, and Richar does nothing to support a young hitter.

#3 Add a bat. At least one. A guy who could put up numbers in our park in the second half. Do something to give this team a shot in the arm.

I agree wholeheartedly with #2 and #3. However, I think that if there is one thing you can't take away from Dusty it is how he handles people, especially in the clubhouse.

Captain Hook
07-03-2009, 12:48 AM
1.We need Gonzo to continue doing a good job being hurt.

2.We need Taveras to take some lessons from Gonzo on how to get hurt.

will5979
07-03-2009, 04:47 PM
You have to spend money wisely. Small market teams need to develop their own and then spend money or make trades to add the piece you are missing. If it was just about spending money, the Yankees would have won a world series in the last 5 years.

Oh I agree 100% with you. what makes me mad is the FO DID NOT spend the money to add the missing pieces of the puzzle, hence the RH bat the fans were promised. If this team fails I would love to see a movement of fans begin to boycott games and strike outside GABP until something is done.

texasdave
07-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Rosie Red and Gapper need to learn how to simultaneously do the moonwalk on top of the Reds' dugout. And then all will be as it should be.

Shawn_RedsFan
07-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Oh I agree 100% with you. what makes me mad is the FO DID NOT spend the money to add the missing pieces of the puzzle, hence the RH bat the fans were promised. If this team fails I would love to see a movement of fans begin to boycott games and strike outside GABP until something is done.

:confused: Yea so we could be the laughing stock of the MLB.

will5979
07-03-2009, 09:28 PM
:confused: Yea so we could be the laughing stock of the MLB.

Sorry to burst your bubble but WE HAVE BEEN the laughing stock for the past 9 years.

LouisvilleCARDS
07-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Saw this thread over there, and thought it was a good time for that thread.

My rankings:

#1 Dusty turned to dust and swept away.

#2 See #1.

#3 See #1

Slyder
07-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Might as well chuck my handful of peanuts from the gallery:

#1 SS. This team NEEDS a FULL TIME SS that is at least average with the bat and covers some ground on defense (Calling Atlanta anyone?).

#2 Duhhsty. Someone needs to have an intervention with him before our offense finally buries us.

#3 Move Weathers (if possible). Yes he's pitched mostly well besides the occasional hiccup. But we have Burton (pitching better of late, now at AAA), Roenicke, Fischer all needing MLB time to see what we have and Weathers is a really expensive luxury that we could use the $$$ from to address the other needs POSSIBLY.

#4 If Volquez is healthy before the deadline, I float Owings out there as a piece to maybe bring in a big bat just to see what sort of offers come my way. The difference between Owings, Homer, (insert #5 pitcher here) isnt going to be the distinct difference between playoffs and not. And even if we reach the playoffs #5 starters don't really play a role. I also say this because I doubt you will get many offers for Arroyo unless were taking on a Matthews type contract.

#5 If Duhhsty doesnt take to the intervention then take away his toys if needed. Get rid of Tavares and Hairston so that he has to put someone else in the lineup. If we are going to be saddled with a mediocre lineup I would rather see more of Dickerson and get to see what we have at AAA on the field EVERYDAY than known quantities.

That would be my 5 needs right now.

sivman17
07-04-2009, 12:55 AM
1) Everyday left fielder that can hit
2) New manager... anyone but Dusty
3) Hanigan in the lineup, everyday
4) Dickerson leading off

Shawn_RedsFan
07-04-2009, 01:07 AM
i have been very lenient with Dusty all year even after his daily stupid lineup cards but tonights game pushed me over the edge. Right now I would rather see dusty go than make a freaking trade.

will5979
07-05-2009, 08:04 AM
i have been very lenient with Dusty all year even after his daily stupid lineup cards but tonights game pushed me over the edge. Right now I would rather see dusty go than make a freaking trade.

Davey Johnson! He is the answer to our managerial needs.