PDA

View Full Version : Pujols quote on Homer Bailey:

Ghosts of 1990
07-04-2009, 11:25 AM
"Homer Bailey ... has electric stuff. If he stays healthy, he's going to put up big numbers."

Thoughts?

kfm
07-04-2009, 11:33 AM
"Homer Bailey ... has electric stuff. If he stays healthy, he's going to put up big numbers."

Thoughts?

Thanks for posting this. I was so disappointed in last nights game, but was so excited to finally see Homer pitch the way many of us thought that he could. I can't belive the number of people who have wanted to give up on this 23 year old when we have an example of how foolish that is in Edinson Volquez on this team. If Homer continues to develop and throw strikes the way he has in the minors this rotation could be scary good. Volquez, Cueto, Homer, Harang that is good.

schmidty622
07-04-2009, 11:41 AM
The Reds really need to dump Arroyo. It would help both free up some salary and give them room to fit in their best five starters. Harang, Cueto, Volquez, Bailey, and Owings.

Problem is, no one is going to want to take on his salary.

REDblooded
07-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Awesome... I'll take the word of the best hitter in my era.

texasdave
07-04-2009, 02:18 PM
"Homer Bailey ... has electric stuff. His sizzling fastball had my steroids-aided synapses firing overtime.

Thoughts?

I think Albert needs to pee in a plastic cup.

Caveman Techie
07-04-2009, 02:47 PM
It was great to see Homer go out there and have a good game. Now for him to string two good starts together. :)

DTCromer
07-04-2009, 03:55 PM

Thoughts?

We've known he's had electric stuff for the while.

The only question is if he can consistently throw strikes and give up his hunting magazines.

Kingspoint
07-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Thoughts?

"I was so glad Dusty pulled him a couple of hitters before me. I thought for sure if I got up that inning, I'd have to face him again. I wanted nothing of that. Then Dusty did such a nice thing and brought in my homey Weathers."

HalMorrisRules
07-04-2009, 04:20 PM
I think Albert needs to pee in a plastic cup.

:clap:

redsfanmia
07-04-2009, 04:37 PM
We've known he's had electric stuff for the while.

The only question is if he can consistently throw strikes and give up his hunting magazines.

Maybe it is just me but I think his stuff looks better in the last 2 starts. In his first few go arounds with the Reds I thought his fast ball was straight as an arrow and his off speed stuff was below average at best, but in the last 2 starts his ball has more run on it and his off speed stuff has looked really good. I think Dave Bailey has finally turned the corner and just might live up to the hype.

Kingspoint
07-04-2009, 04:47 PM
What impressed me the most is that he consistently got his curveball over for strikes. The second most impressive thing to me is that his changeup was fooling hitters, including Pujols and Ankiel.

He rarely threw the splitter, and didn't need to.

As was suspected before this call-up.....he's finally here to stay.

Doesn't mean that he's going to be all hell-fire out there, but he'll be someone who goes out there every night and will usually give this team a chance to win.

Arroyo can be let go now.

travisgrimes
07-04-2009, 04:50 PM
kind of hard to throw a changeup that he doesnt use at all anymore, what you were seeing was the changeup... actually the splitter was kind of off last night and when it's not on the right way it looks like a changeup

Kingspoint
07-04-2009, 05:17 PM
kind of hard to throw a changeup that he doesnt use at all anymore, what you were seeing was the changeup... actually the splitter was kind of off last night and when it's not on the right way it looks like a changeup

Can you reword that. I don't understand what you are saying here.

steig
07-04-2009, 05:34 PM
In my opinion last nights game showed us how Homer can really pitch in the majors. If Homer can learn to be more consistent, he will certainly be a 15 - 18 win, 3.5 era pitcher. And between Volquez, Cueto, and a developing Homer this team has a strong pitching nucleus to put this team in contention in the future.

corwinator3407
07-04-2009, 06:15 PM
What impressed me the most is that he consistently got his curveball over for strikes. The second most impressive thing to me is that his changeup was fooling hitters, including Pujols and Ankiel.

He rarely threw the splitter, and didn't need to.

As was suspected before this call-up.....he's finally here to stay.

Doesn't mean that he's going to be all hell-fire out there, but he'll be someone who goes out there every night and will usually give this team a chance to win.

Arroyo can be let go now.

I didn't think he threw the changeup anymore either. I thought it was Fastball, Curve, Split, Slider.

And as someone above said, I'll take the word of the best hitter in my era.

Lockdwn11
07-04-2009, 07:02 PM
I didn't think he threw the changeup anymore either. I thought it was Fastball, Curve, Split, Slider.

And as someone above said, I'll take the word of the best hitter in my era.

He doesn't

gedred69
07-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Didn't see it mentioned yet, but his fastball was 95+ more than a few times. Hopefully his velocity is back, to go with the splitter and curve, we might have something..