PDA

View Full Version : Halladay

Hondo
07-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Halladay might be available... This guy could anchor the Rotation....

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AjduolO.JO5DqeR95rPs.jARvLYF?slug=ap-bluejays-halladay&prov=ap&type=lgns

Kingspoint
07-07-2009, 08:43 PM
If they passed on Derek Lowe during the off-season, without even picking up the phone to inquire about him, they aren't going anywhere near Halladay.

bleedsred
07-07-2009, 09:01 PM
If the Jays are listening to offers for Halladay, I wonder what it would take to land their ss: Scutaro...he is a free agent at the end of this season.

RedLakerFan24
07-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Reds trade:
1. Yonder Alonso
2. Drew Stubbs
3. Travis Wood
4. Matt Maloney
5. Juan Francisco
6. Bronson Arroyo

Jays trade:
1. Roy Halliday
2. Alex Rios

GIDP
07-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Did I just see someone kinda compare Lowe and Halladay?

Hondo
07-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Reds trade:
1. Yonder Alonso
2. Drew Stubbs
3. Travis Wood
4. Matt Maloney
5. Juan Francisco
6. Bronson Arroyo

Jays trade:
1. Roy Halliday
2. Alex Rios

Wow, thats a ton... Plus Arroyo would probably not be wanted by Toronto...

Plus Plus
07-08-2009, 12:35 AM
I think Arroyo is in there just to offset salary, mostly re: Rios.

13 in hall
07-08-2009, 12:38 AM
Sorry RedLakerFan24 great idea but not happening. J.P.
the BlueJays G.M. said he needs a Major League ready
shortstop in the deal for Doc. Apperently the Angels and others have already called. It is said that the Jays had many scouts watching the Phillies tonight. All per MLBTraderumors.com I could see them moving Rollins as part of a package to acquire Doc. Yes may I say the Cardinals are trying to get in the mix as well I say good trade Wallace, Rasmus and others for a guy with an arm that could fall off anyday. Number two if they could move Rios and all his salary he could be had on the cheap so they say? They would not need to move Doc at all.
They owe Rios and Wells almost 160 million over the next five seasons. Man I say fire the J.P. if he is the one who signed them.

Slyder
07-08-2009, 12:51 AM
The Brewers are the ones I think would be most likely places for Doc Halladay if he is to land in the NL Central.

Starting with Alceides Escobar and Mat Gamel that be a really nice cornerstone for an offer, maybe Fielder?.

Reds would probably have to give up one of the big 4 (Bruce, Votto, Volquez, or Cueto). I dont see that happening. The Best the Reds probably have is if the Jays fall in love with Homer.

Homer
Alonso
Stubbs
A middle guys.

Think the Jays blink?

Slyder
07-08-2009, 12:53 AM
Reds trade:
1. Yonder Alonso
2. Drew Stubbs
3. Travis Wood
4. Matt Maloney
5. Juan Francisco
6. Bronson Arroyo

Jays trade:
1. Roy Halliday
2. Alex Rios

The Jays also want a top starter potential. I dont see Maloney or Wood filling that role.

bounty37h
07-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Nope, they want more then we can give-they are saying it will take more then the Santana package the Mets offered, and we couldnt even get in that kind of conversation.

GIDP
07-08-2009, 09:32 AM
That santana package was pretty awful.

CySeymour
07-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Reds can't trade Alonso until next month because of when he signed his contract.

Slyder
07-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Reds can't trade Alonso until next month because of when he signed his contract.

PTBNL then announce it after the year is up.

Fon Duc Tow
07-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Some of these trade scenarios are hilarious. I'm sorry but even the computer on easy settings is not going to take Arroyo at this point unless we eat all of his contract. And even then, why would anyone offer more than a high school prospect for him? Arroyo gobbles up innings? He also gobbles up runs scored against him. And he is injured, looking at surgery this offseason.

As far as the Reds trading for Halladay... I think you must be thinking of another team, possibly the Cardinals. Year after year, some teams find a way, other teams find a way to make excuses. You do the math.

Farnsie
07-08-2009, 11:11 AM
No thanks! I wouldn't even want to wonder what it would take to get him... Wow, there's a lot of W's here.