PDA

View Full Version : Some credit to Harang tonight

BluegrassRedleg
07-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Was driving on a long trip tonight and helped kill the time by listening to the game on WLW. As frustrated as I was with Harang giving up back-to-back jacks early on and (seemingly, per Marty and Cowboy) refusing to pitch inside, he came up huge for the Redlegs tonight. That was one gutsy, albeit flawed, quality start. When he got out of the bases-loaded jam, I felt like the season was really hanging in the balance. Tip of the cap to him for being a real competitor tonight and not letting the team slide any further on his watch. :beerme:

Moosie52
07-08-2009, 07:56 AM
I agree. He took responsibility and cleaned up his mess.

BigJohn
07-08-2009, 08:29 AM
They were calling for someone's head on a platter I believe. Not just Dick Pole either!

UC_Ken
07-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Last night to me is the most impressive start of the year for Harang. He was getting worked, guys were getting all kinds of extra base hits. When he got out of the bases loaded with no outs I think it really sparked the team. Even though Cueto's better, this to me shows you what a staff leader does, battles to keep his team in the game even when he doesn't have his best stuff.

Kingspoint
07-08-2009, 06:13 PM
12 men left on base for the Phillies. 3 for the REDS.

That was yeoman work, as they say.