PDA

View Full Version : Propose a LA-CINCY-TOR Deal

bleedsred
07-08-2009, 01:43 PM
How about something like this:

LA- Halladay, Taveras,

Cincy- Kemp, Rios, Scutaro

Toronto- Kershaw, Dickerson, Arroyo (offsets Rios salary a bit), D. Gordon (ss prospect of LA),

These could be the major parts of the deal...Toronto rids itself of Rios contract and gets a ss to replace the free agent to be Scutaro. Get a young arm with Kershaw.

Cincy- Takes on bad contract of Rios, aided by losing Taveras and Arroyo a bit....gets a ss for the rest of the year and Kemp

LA- land stud Halladay and takes on salary of WT who is expendable due to Kemp/Rios in cincy

Prospects can be added to balance the deal out, what do you think?

Slyder
07-08-2009, 01:46 PM
So the Reds give up Arroyo, Dickerson, and Tavares and get Kemp and filler... No way it happens we arent that lucky. Toronto is getting screwed if this actually occured. We or LA would have to give up way more for Toronto to part with Halladay. We'd be better suited just making two seperate deals.

bleedsred
07-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Reds take Rios salary fro Tor...they would pay to get rid of him...plus I said prospects could be added to balance the deal out...remember the $$$ involved(shedding/taking on) for this deal. Toronto gains a ton of payroll flexibility

Slyder
07-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Reds take Rios salary fro Tor...they would pay to get rid of him...plus I said prospects could be added to balance the deal out...remember the $$$ involved(shedding/taking on) for this deal. Toronto gains a ton of payroll flexibility

They have already said if they trade Halladay they want 4-5 young players in return. Including a young SS, a young arm that they would control for a number of years. The package they get isnt even close to that.

OesterPoster
07-08-2009, 01:56 PM
If I'm Toronto in your scenario, I just deal with LA directly. I give them Halladay in exchange for Kemp/Gordon or Kershaw/Gordon.

bleedsred
07-08-2009, 02:00 PM
If they could dump Rios, I would bet the demands go down...Kershaw is a young arm and Gordon is a ss prospect in LA's system...Reds could throw in a Fisher or Roenicke along with one of their IF prospects to sweeten the deal if need to be...

Slyder
07-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Actually I mistook Kershaw for someone else. But Dickerson isnt someone they would target and are getting back a contract almost as monsterous as Halladay's in Arroyo so they arent really saving that much. Plus Gordon is 20 with little power, little patience, and speed sounds like Willy Tavares except playing SS. I think the plan Toronto wants would mean to get a SS that could at least have a cup of coffee immediately. They are getting 1 nice piece, 1 arguably above average piece, a ?, and a huge albatross for arguably one of the best pitchers in baseball... Ya theyre getting screwed by this offer.

I don't care how much Rios makes. Arroyo eats all of that and then some.

Plus Plus
07-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Rios is under contract for five years at after this one, and Arroyo is under for one more after this one. Arroyo's contract is an albatross, but Rios' looks to many like the Hindenburg. Personally, I like Rios, but that is neither here nor there. The difference is that the Jays would be stuck, at worst, with 1 1/2 years of a horrible contract, whereas the Reds would be stuck, at worst, with 5 1/2 years of a horrible contract.