PDA

View Full Version : GAB question

bleedsred
07-08-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm getting ready to take my son to his first game at GAB and was wondering if they have any special areas or accomodations for those with food allergies. He has a peanut allergy which means the food that he consumes must not have come into contact with peanuts(maybe a peanut free concession stand?)

davereds24
07-08-2009, 09:29 PM
not sure if there is but you can bring in your own food.

maybe a stand like skyline or montgomery inn would be your best bet.

WILD THING
07-08-2009, 09:32 PM
I'm not sure how they feel about fast food, lunch meat sandwiches, etc., but I know you can take in snacks (i.e. candy, pretzels, and things like that).

redsfanfalcon
07-08-2009, 09:36 PM
You can take in fast food into the ballpark, but you cannot take in the soft drink containers unless they are empty. I would call or when you first get there go to fan accommodations located on the field level just to the left of Gapper's Alley, or at the top of the second escalator by the Hall of Fame.

CincyFalcon
07-08-2009, 10:39 PM
You can absolutely bring in soft sided coolers(16x16x8) with food or drinks (as long as they are sealed and not glass) into the stadium....

Fon Duc Tow
07-09-2009, 12:56 AM
anyone remember the old recording (female voice) at Riverfront Stadium?

"...cans, bottles, and alcoholic beverages, will not be permitted..."

davereds24
07-09-2009, 01:22 AM
lol yep

that thing never stopped talking

cwrtlm
07-11-2009, 01:20 AM
I am thinking about bringing my son to his 1st MLB game at GAB to watch the Reds and someone on a friday or Saturday game. Just wanting to know what sections are the best to sit in, where to get the best ticket prices, codes for tickets, what is the best place to park and eat, and just the best overall experiences. I have had some people tell me to park across the river and ride the boat or walk the bridge across. They also said to eat across the river too. Any ideas. He really doesn't care what game he sees, as long as he can see Brandon Phillips it will be all good.:)

travisgrimes
07-11-2009, 01:37 AM
right field is the best place to sit and each ticket is under 20 dollars.... best place to park is in on the street right across from the ballpark or a cheap garage, best place to eat would be... if he like seafood joe's crab shack at newport on the levee, maybe izzys or skyline downtown ... or my favorite good ol' ballpark hotdogs at the $1 concession stand

Brandon4MVP
07-11-2009, 10:29 AM
I am thinking about bringing my son to his 1st MLB game at GAB to watch the Reds and someone on a friday or Saturday game. Just wanting to know what sections are the best to sit in, where to get the best ticket prices, codes for tickets, what is the best place to park and eat, and just the best overall experiences. I have had some people tell me to park across the river and ride the boat or walk the bridge across. They also said to eat across the river too. Any ideas. He really doesn't care what game he sees, as long as he can see Brandon Phillips it will be all good.:)

Get there early and take your son down the first baseline around where the tarp is. Brandon signs autographs right before game time every game. He usually does it right after he stretches which is 5 minutes before the game starts. So he only signs for 5 minutes but your son would love to meet him I'm sure. If you made him a sign with brandon phillips on it BP would come right to your son first guaranteed.

cwrtlm
07-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks for all of your help, we will try to arrive early to see some Batting Practice and try to get BP's auto at the tarp down right field. So the Moon Deck/Sun Deck is one of the better places. Is it better to find a code online and buy tickets that way or just do a walk up? We are thinking about a Friday Night game or Saturday Night game. Any suggestions?

Plus Plus
07-11-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm getting ready to take my son to his first game at GAB and was wondering if they have any special areas or accomodations for those with food allergies. He has a peanut allergy which means the food that he consumes must not have come into contact with peanuts(maybe a peanut free concession stand?)

If I were in your situation, I would NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES eat vendor food that was not in pre-sealed containers. Bring in any food that you want to eat, unless you plan on eating a frosty malt or lemon ice or something in a package like that. I have worked for many years in food service and I know from experience that generally food stands will not have any sort of allergen protection and if something happened, say a pack of peanuts exploded onto a grill, it would be scraped off and cooked on. It really just isn't worth the risk, unless your son doesnt react badly to trace amounts. Why even take a chance at ruining a great day at the ballpark with an allergic reaction?

bleedsred
07-11-2009, 11:27 AM
If I were in your situation, I would NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES eat vendor food that was not in pre-sealed containers. Bring in any food that you want to eat, unless you plan on eating a frosty malt or lemon ice or something in a package like that. I have worked for many years in food service and I know from experience that generally food stands will not have any sort of allergen protection and if something happened, say a pack of peanuts exploded onto a grill, it would be scraped off and cooked on. It really just isn't worth the risk, unless your son doesnt react badly to trace amounts. Why even take a chance at ruining a great day at the ballpark with an allergic reaction?

I agree...that is why I was wondering about peanut free concessions. He does react to trace amounts...treated with benadryl takes care of that, but can be severe(my son is 3 and his so called peanut-free daycare fed him Reese's Cereal)...thank God I work next door and his teacher was paying attention during her duty. He doesn't eat food from dairy bars or places that has nuts on the tables/floors.

I would like to think that there is a stand or two that doesn't serve nuts. Anyways, I'll have my epi-pen as always and a DR(my brother-in-law) will be at hand..lol Thank you for the advice though, many people would not think of the situations that you speak of...this will be MY first game without buying a bag of peanuts, my family has made huge changes when it comes to the foods we buy/restraunts we attend.